UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future..
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, you will be accountable for implementing HR services that enhance the capacity of your clients to deliver on their business goals and objectives in the Latin America and Caribbean Region (LACR).
How can you make a difference?
In doing so, you will demonstrate the ability to anticipate HR-related needs and develop subsequent plans and solutions that align HR management with business objectives. This will include:
Strategic Business Partnering
- Serve as the single point of contact for your Regional Office (RO) and/or Country Office (CO) client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects of the employment life cycle.
- Proactively collaborate with clients to help fulfill their business goals through anticipating HR-related needs and presenting subsequent plans of action.
- Advice clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organization’s interests.
- Collaborate effectively with other sections as well as Headquarters and centers of expertise to provide coherent solutions for clients.
- Actively participate in establishing and implementing the annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measures.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
Acting as a Change Agent
- Liaise with the Regional and Country Offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation.
- Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Promote HR initiatives that support organizational culture change, improved results and staff development and explain the scope and ramifications of proposed HR initiatives, promoting understanding of their purpose and functional advantages. Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
- Contribute to the development of competencies for all staff in assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Recommend efficient and cost-effective learning products which strengthen staff capacity to contribute effectively to business goals.
- Provide day-to-day performance and talent management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with centers of expertise, the global shared services center and global staff association.
- Collaborate with sister-agencies on best HR practices within the UN or other affiliated organizations.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Direct hands-on experience in the implementation of HR solutions in a development context is an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is considered an asset.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the principles and concepts of HR management.
- Ability to identify and analyze systemic issues, formulate opinions and make conclusions and recommendations to resolve same.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational and HR information technology systems and tools.
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.