Human Resources Specialist
United Nations Development Programme, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is UN Common System funded and is located in the Compensation and Classification Section, Office of Human Resources, Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance. The functions associated with this position encompass the activities of setting salaries levels for locally recruited staff at Headquarter and in field duty stations serving in the United Nations Common system organizations. The Human Resources Specialist reports to the Chief of Section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide, conduct and coordinate salary surveys assessing the labour market at headquarters and in the field duty stations for staff locally recruited by the United Nations Common system organizations;
- Collect and analyse data to ensure that the United Nations Common system organizations remuneration proposals are aligned with internal practices which enable them to attract, motivate and retain the best talent it needs to fulfill their mandates;
- Recommend and establish salaries and related allowances for locally-recruited staff;
- Support the evaluation, implementation and execution of compensation and allowances in adherence with internal policies and principles;
- Review data, analytics and prepare reports on compensation;
- Resolve questions relating to compensation and benefits policy, including design and maintaining proactive communication and information dissemination practices and systems to ensure that key stakeholders access accurate, timely and relevant information;
- Keep abreast of development in compensation i.e. performance-related pay systems issues and/or lead projects on compensation related issues;
- Develop and manage relationships with the external compensation consulting firms and comparators to ensure delivery of effective services and mutually beneficial relationships;
- Advise the Chief of the Section on the development, modification and implementation of United Nations policies and practices on salaries;
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules;
- Review and provide advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules;
- Represent the office in joint bodies and working groups relating to salaries;
- Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, policy papers, position papers and briefings notes on compensation
- Supervise and monitor the work of assigned tema in undertaking the full range of human resource management activities, especially in Compensation and review of allowances and benefits;
- Maintain and update IT tools used to analyze salary data and reports with regard to compensation and allowances and benefits.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education: Master's degree in Management, Finance, Business Administration or related area.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area, at least five of which should have been gained in an international organization;
- Experience in the development and administration of salary and compensation systems is highly desirable;
- Experience in analyzing large volumes of data is also highly desirable.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment.