DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The HR Specialist has a country focus, responsible for implementing and maintaining HR ERP systems for the country programme. S/he identify areas to improve on existing system processes, functionality and work flow, and maximize technological capabilities for better data management and efficiency including maintaining and developing customized reports to meet the requirements of HR management and staff. The HR Specialist supports other country HR activities such as recruitment system by ensuring compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines as well as country laws.
- Primary liaison for DRC Dynamics (HR module)
- Support the implementation/maintenance of HR modules within DRC Dynamics ensuring full utilization and optimization of the system.
- Data entry/maintenance into DRC Dynamics and assure data integrity of HR information country/globally.
- Analyze and report the need for system enhancement or customization.
- Coordinate changes to provide more effective use of the system (i.e. onboarding and exits, org charts, employment changes, performance management, hiring/termination, etc.).
- Develop a dashboard of HR metrics to be presented at monthly, quarterly, and annual country & SMT meetings.
- Maintain documentation of reporting processes, role requests and training guides for end users.
- Develop a regular audit schedule to review the integrity of data in DRC Dynamics.
- Manage employment verification requests in DRC Dynamics.
- Assist in managing and updating performance reviews, compensation, benefits and leave plans in Dynamics.
- Partnering with recruiting managers to determine staffing needs
- Lead and/or participate new HR projects as assigned by line manager
- Screening resumes and coordinating interviews with the recruiting managers including inviting candidates for interviews
- Performing interviews and following up on interview process status
- Performing reference and background checks of candidates
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and government laws regarding employment practices
- Complete and submit monthly reports on employment activity in timely manner
- Serve as HR department liaison to IT function including train and provide troubleshooting tips to other HR members on features and functionality of DRC Dynamics and applications as needed.
- Track, review and ensure regular upload of HR core documents on share point.
- Perform special projects and other duties as directed line manager.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience, education and technical competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, majoring in business management, business administration. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Three or more years of progressive HR management experience with INGO (preferred) or UN
- Minimum of 1 or more years of in-depth practical experience managing various HRIS/HR database administration, including payroll systems.
- Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced context
- Skill in performing accurate data entry.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent follow through on issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Foresees potential challenges and comes prepared with solutions to solve variety of problems
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Good skills of capacity building national staff
- Knowledge of the local context in Somalia is a strong asset