Human Rights Officer
FHI 360, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Human Rights Officer
Human Rights Officer will assist the Human Rights Advisor (HRA) on designing and implementing the Human Rights Strengthening in Nepal program. The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge on designing and implementing different activities under the project in collaboration with implementing partners. The position is also responsible to feed necessary information to the implementing partners on content, process and tools related to the project implementation.
- Provide key support to HRA to design and implement the Human Rights Strengthening component of CS:MAP.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement with implementing partners to share project related requirements and updates. Additionally, maintain good communication with strategic organizations, and share project updates and information.
- Support to HRA on providing expertise and knowledges on international human rights principles, human rights-based approach and practice to implementing partners, CSO groups and other agencies.
- Contribute to project performance reports and ensure the timely reports and updates of the project from implementing partners.
- Management of grants with local partner organizations related to Human Rights Strengthening in Nepal program.
- Provide required assistance in drafting human rights advocacy materials and project related documents.
- Provide necessary support to management for selecting consultants required by project and engage with consultants and communicate with them for timely submission of their deliverables.
- Engage to plan and organize different events related to project at federal, provincial and local level.
- Draft program activity summaries and assist in coordination and finalization of reports and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or any relevant field with at least 4 years experience in human rights work in a national and/or international organization.
- Understanding of human rights international standards.
- Knowledge on human rights practice and situation in Nepal.
- Knowledge on human rights protection mechanisms and role of National Human Rights Commission in Nepal.
- Understanding on project management cycles and requirements.