Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team, contracted by Palladium International Ltd, provides the Department for International Development (DFID) with humanitarian services and the UK Government's Stabilisation Unit with stabilisation support.
We are looking for a strong Humanitarian Advisor (HA) with exceptional technical skills in the management and measurement of performance, results, monitoring & evaluation and accountability to join our team of Humanitarian Advisors on the Emergency Response team. The team provide generalist humanitarian expertise in rapid onset emergencies and protracted crisis for DFID.
This role has a specific focus on accountability and results and will maintain the portfolio to drive the delivery of the HEROS contract commitment on monitoring, results, and accountability to affected populations in DFID humanitarian responses. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with all HSOT functions including early warning and surveillance, operations support, HR and procurement and logistics.
- Provide humanitarian analysis and advice to help design and implement humanitarian response strategies for DFID in rapid onset emergencies and protracted crises.
- Contribute to HSOT activities in response to DFID humanitarian policy requirements, including attending meetings and conferences, preparing and delivering presentations and training sessions for colleagues.
- Support knowledge sharing and engagement with other humanitarian experts involved in the project, including supporting HR in the recruitment and selection of specialist and generalist experts.
- Participate in Ready to Respond teams through preparedness exercises and rapid response team deployment, managing small teams as required, either in the UK or overseas.
- Undertake the HSOT Duty Officer role on rotation and any other duties relevant to the role as appropriate.
Portfolio - Accountability and Results
- Lead on frameworks for measuring the results of responses led or implemented by HSOT and CHASE by engaging with internal stakeholders and external partners to design monitoring approaches.
- Provide technical support to ensure a relevant and comprehensive framework for monitoring results and impact across DFID and partners' responses and ensure relevant HSOT and DFID staff are trained on the use of the relevant monitoring tools.
- Specialist technical lead on accountability to affected populations in DFID-funded humanitarian responses, including ensuring appropriate accountability frameworks and processes in place, support for DFID policy discussions and engagement on training and outreach.
- Co-lead the HSOT and CHASE MEAL systems/processes, including training and guidance.
- Establish collaborative relationships with other humanitarian actors to assess and establish linkages as relevant on MEAL in humanitarian contexts.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a related subject.
- Significant relevant senior humanitarian work experience in emergency settings.
- Proven knowledge and technical skills on management and measurement of performance, results, monitoring & evaluation, and accountability to affected population.
- Experience in the development of humanitarian training's and tools, as well as facilitation experience.
- Experience of carrying out evaluations including impact assessments and/or creating frameworks for monitoring results.
- Demonstrable understanding of system-wide arrangements and schemes that underpin humanitarian response.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and analysis.
- Willingness to deploy in support of DFID's work in a humanitarian emergency.
- A strategic mindset and the ability to influence internal processes, whilst at the same time have a demonstrated ability to design and implement practical programmes on the ground.
- Native fluency in English is required. Advanced French is highly desirable. Working knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish would be an asset.
- This is a UK based role. We will not be able to provide sponsorship.