Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of the filed Coordination and Access unit or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Humanitarian Affairs Associate will:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative and operational activities with UN OCHA rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans;
- Drafts official Note Verbal in Arabic to support humanitarian and diplomatic objectives;
- Acts as Duty Officer and works in 24/7 shifts on a regular basis to support ongoing notification requirements;
- Regular engagement with the Saudi Led Coalition through EHOC;
- Regular engagement and follow up with humanitarian partners;
- Supports ongoing troubleshooting in line with operational requirements.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (OCHA DLT), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, and acts as an interpreter when required;
- Manages the administrative workload to ensure humanitarian notification are processed and followed up in a timely manner;
- Translation of correspondences, when needed;
- Prepares the DLT monthly overview on activities performed and notifications submitted.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Maintenance and update of the filing system/notification platform, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit;
- Serves as back up to the Programme Associate and Administrative when required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to the notification platform
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Required experience: 24 Months
- 2 years of exepriance with bachelor’s degree in related field; Or High school diploma with 5 years of working experience in general office support or related area;
- Knowledge of OCHA operations is an advantage;
- Skills in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) are required;
- Experience in working with Government, military institutions, UN Agencies and logistics operations is desirable;
- UN experience, in particular related to Yemen, is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent