Humanitarian Affairs Intern
World Vision, Niamey, Niger
Closing Date for Applications:
Job objective :
Provide support in the management of Humanitarian Emergencies (HEA) and Non-Food Goods, in particular the management of stocks and warehouses.
Areas of support
- Contribute to ad hoc assessments of intervention areas / communities exposed to large-scale emergencies.
- Participate in the drafting process of monthly, semi-annual and annual reports and other activity reports.
- Participate in the annual BNA request and receipt planning process (GIK).
- Help maintain cleanliness, hygiene and order in warehouses;
- Provide support for physical checks and periodic inventory at store level.
- Support documenting all store transactions (entries, exits, inventories) archiving all related documents.
- Support in dispatching and sending materials to AP / Teams.
Education and Experience
- Have at least a Bac + 3 level diploma: license in Logistics, Supply Chain management, humanitarian law, or related field.
- Have knowledge of the field of humanitarian emergencies, humanitarian law or logistics
Knowledge, skills and competences
- Excellent level of French and English (written and oral).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to travel and work in the field (in rural areas) as an essential function of the position.
- Mastery of IT tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)