Humanitarian MEAL Manager
Save the Children, Juba, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The MEAL Manager will be expected to lead on the Cat 2 MEAL system design and implementation, evaluations, MEAL master budgeting, coordination, and support relevant fundraising, procurement and recruitment processes as well as proposal writing and strategy and log frame development at national level. Save the Children is committed to accountability to affected people and meaningful child engagement during humanitarian responses. The MEAL Manager will be expected to lead on establishing appropriate accountability mechanisms and supporting child participation within responses. In most circumstances, the postholder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing country programme staff.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
- 5+ years experiences of working in technical MEAL roles.
- Previous humanitarian response experience in response country or overseas.
- Demonstrated ability to design and establish MEAL systems in for emergencies.
- Strong skills in collecting, analysing, interpreting and encouraging the use of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability in using data and analysis to influence programmatic change.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach/mentor staff.
- Proven experience of managing a team and project(s).
- Experience of working through systems of community participation and accountability, including training staff in relevant approaches.
- A high level of written and spoken English and local language, including an ability to write clear and well-argued reports.
- Excellent communication, influencing and representational skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.