Do you want to join our exciting program operation in Mali? We are looking for a Humanitarian Mediation Project Manager in Mopti, Mali!
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, Menaka and Kidal, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement. We provide education, shelter, food security and livelihood, and give people legal assistance. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.
The Humanitarian Mediation Project in Mali is part of a project being implemented in 3 countries in the Central West Africa (CWA) region. The overall goal of the project is to contribute to improving the protection of civilians in Mali through an innovative and pro-active protection process, relying on third party neutral mediation and facilitation of dialogue. The project will look at how humanitarian mediation can help to prevent or mitigate tensions between various stakeholders. It will also explore how this participatory and inclusive methodology can foster participation of communities and accountability of humanitarian teams, enhancing the ownership of communities in the search for durable and sustainable solutions to the problems they are facing.
The Humanitarian Mediation Project Manager is responsible to implement the Humanitarian Mediation project in Mali.
The NRC country office in Mali is located in Bamako.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for Humanitarian mediation staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Develop a Mediation strategy and work plans for NRC Mali;
- Technical support to the implementation of Mediation work plans;
- Support the CC and M&E departments with developing minimum standards and tools for monitoring in hard to Reach areas;
- Contribute to the development of minimum standards and tools for monitoring Humanitarian Mediation interventions
- Contribute to improving project intervention tools and methodology
- Coordinate and manage Humanitarian Mediation project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager, Head of Programme and the Regional Mediation Adviser
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Cs) and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level analyst position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical expertise on humanitarian Mediation and access;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in french and English both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of the context in Mali ;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable