Humanitarian Operation Support Officer
Palladium International , United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) is contracted through Palladium by the Department of International Development (DFID) and the Stabilisation Unit (SU) to provide support services and an operational team delivering advice and assistance on humanitarian disasters and emergencies.
We are looking for a Humanitarian Operations Support Officer to manage a portfolio of deployment projects, supporting the deployment of surge technical support to DFID country offices and in support of the UK Government’s humanitarian efforts.
The postholder will be expected to:
- Manage portfolio of deployment projects, managing full deployment project cycle from candidate selection stage to demobilisation of deployee and project close out.
- Undertake liaison with DFID offices and UN agencies, arranging contractors travel, monitoring welfare and performance of deployees, issuing kit and supporting on invoice submission
- Undertake liaison with the Security Adviser on duty of care requirements and issues and acting as the first point of contact for deployed consultants on security issues.
- Responsible for accurate management of project budgets and forecasting, maintenance of project accounts and reporting.
- Ensure accurate budget management and oversee project invoicing and debt, ensuring projects are billed in a timely manner and invoices are paid within 30 days of being issued. Manage and process expenses and invoices for contracted staff in a timely manner
- Manage and resolve contractor queries and concerns and escalate any concerns where required.
- Assist with routine administrative reporting as required.
Key Skills and Competencies
- A Levels or similar qualifications, or demonstrably relevant work experience
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and changing workload.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Strong budget management skills with experience creating budgets, monitoring costs and budget forecasting
- Excellent organisation skills in terms of administration, planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines.