Humanitarian Policy Internship
Norwegian Refugee Council, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC Geneva requires an Intern to support NRC’s Humanitarian Policy Team. This position will support the NRC Geneva Director of Humanitarian Policy, the Communications and Advocacy Officer and the Senior Policy Advisors focused on protection. This will include, but is not limited to, support to NRC’s position as a driver of humanitarian policy development, and any events and workshops led by NRC Geneva. The Intern will be expected to work closely with other members of the Geneva humanitarian policy team to ensure the production of timely meeting minutes, preparatory documentation and draft reports.
A variety of activities and products are contemplated in this work such as round table discussions with humanitarian organisations and government representatives, and practical research products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Draft reports, briefs, concept papers and media products.
- Draft talking points, briefs, papers, updates and other material as required for representation by NRC staff and management.
- Support the organization of roundtable discussions and public events.
- Support on relevant donor reporting requirements.
- Share relevant debates and research findings related to topics outlined above.
- Identify common approaches and key opportunities for NRC on durable solutions.
- Support NRC to ensure standardized tools, protocols and guidelines to assist operational offices with understanding and implementing programmes.
Additional activities will include:
- Support to the Humanitarian Policy Team on other issues and concerns, including attending UN and other briefings, upon request.
- Update country offices on relevant debates, events, and developments as related to their country operations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director/ Senior Humanitarian Policy Adviser, to include occasional reception coverage and other administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations or a relevant field
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in French is an advantage
- Proven research, analytical and documentation skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Planning and delivering results
- Analysis and drafting
- Coping with change and multiple tasks