Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
World Vision, Arusha, Tanzania
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
- List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
- To support WASH projects/programs Team Leader in ensuring compliance of all hygiene and sanitation standards and donor regulations
- Development of concept papers, proposal writing, engage in negotiation with potential donors and building capacity to WVT staff on appropriate hygiene and sanitation packages.
- Coordinate TOT on CLTS. MHM and PHAST training in targeted projects
- Coordinate with water supply and sanitation field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are integrated.
- Ensure World Vision Tanzania offices met hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Ensure WVT food vendors met Tanzania public health standards.
- Development of hygiene promotion topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials
- Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
- Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget
- Ensure effective monitoring of hygiene and sanitation interventions.
- Responding to WASH and non-related disasters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
- Minimum Qualification required Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health, public health, social sciences or related fields
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience and understanding of hygiene promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.