Norwegian Refugee Council, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Non-formal educators will be working on the provision of education to refugee children out of school or at risk of dropping out from the formal education system. NRC is addressing the specific needs of those children who are unable - or not ready - to access formal education by providing them with quality education and skills as well as by adequately preparing them to enroll and retain at their correct level in relevant formal schools.
Duties and responsibilities
- The facilitator will handle the responsibility of planning and conducting ICDL courses.
- To develop and deliver course plans as coordinated with the supervisor.
- To prepare weekly/monthly work plans and progress report, adhering to quality standards.
- To cooperate and to work closely with other facilitator to improve delivery and ensure smooth work process.
- To Track students’ progress, attendance, and prepare back-up plans for students facing challenges and drop outs.
- To prepare worksheets, and other activities as delegated by the supervisor.
- To support in promoting for the youth program through outreach activities.
- Develop weekly/monthly testing and learning materials in coordination with Youth officer. Ensure that all IT labs are functional (software, hardware).
- Previous experience in IT field especially basic computer skills courses for at least two years, holds an ICDL certificate (Advanced ICDL is a plus). Preferably previous experience in IT relevant training and youth programs.
- Very good communication skills.
- Experience working with youth education programs, youth between 16-30 years old.
- Problem solving and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel (intermediate level a minimum) Ability to use computer and Microsoft office (intermediate level)