NRC is looking for an ICLA Officer for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Information Counseling and Legal Assistance Officer is to provide support to the ICLA Team Leaders and contribute to the implementation of the ICLA program in Nigeria, Borno State.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
the purpose of the position ensures accurate data management and reporting for the ICLA projects under the overall guidance and supervision of the ICLA Specialist, the ICLA Officer (Analyst)
The ICLA Officer (Data Analyst) report to the ICLA Specialist
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and accurate uploading of all data collected by ICLA staff onto the database
- Oversee the operation of the ICLA database and Kobo data collection software, conducting repairs, updates improvements as required
- Produce detailed, relevant and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports as requested
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the ICLA team’s data collection methods and tools
- Conduct regular training for ICLA staff to improve the quality of the data being collected
- Provide quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, identifying and addressing errors in collection or input
- Support M &E and ICLA staff in outcome survey monitoring and reporting
- Report monthly on GORS
- Update and report on a monthly basis indicator tracker for different projects
- Support proper filing of documents and compliance with data protection policies
- University degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years’ experience working with databases and data collection platforms, including the writing of quantitative and/or qualitative reports
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environment
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.