ICLA Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Kirkuk, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
Role and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated and assigned tasks and activities according to plan of action.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of the documents.
- Prepare and develop progress reports as required by project management.
- Ensure that project targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Facilitate information sessions for ICLA beneficiaries to raise awareness and understanding on issues related to ICLA thematic areas. This may include legal identity, and related civil documentation; housing, land and property (HLP) rights; and employment law.
- If legally trained, receive the counselling cases after information sessions and where necessary, refer these cases to ICLA Officers.
- Provide support to ICLA Officers by contacting the beneficiaries and gathering information as well as organizing appointments with the beneficiaries to attend in the court and/or directorates.
- If legally trained, provide support to ICLA Officers in the process of preparation of the necessary documentation and follow up on the legal cases in the courts and/or other relevant administrative institutions.
- Support preparation for and if CDR focal point, co-facilitate ICLA trainings.
- input and update beneficiary data into ICLA's case management tools, and periodically disaggregate and analyze data gathered during legal assistance activities in order to identify trends.
- Prepare/update service mapping.
- Adhere to ICLA policies, project descriptions, work plans, budgets and procurement plans.
- Adhere to NRC's Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures, and coordinate with these departments to ensure timely implementation of ICLA activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position and as requested by the line manager.
Our Idea Candidate:
- University or diploma degree.
- Prior experience with humanitarian organization or similar organization an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating with government authorities and/or building owners, and in promoting the interests of vulnerable beneficiaries before such stakeholders.
- Proven skills and experience in case management and conflict resolution.
- Experience in community mobilization and outreach.
- Computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge in written and spoken English, and other local Languages.