United Nations Development Programme, Bonn, Germany
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
- The ICT Infrastructure team at UNV Information and Communications Technology Unit (ICTU) is responsible for the operations of the data centre and the provision of all ICT hardware, software, network and telecommunications services to UNV HQ.
- Under the supervision the ICT Infrastructure Team Leader, the ICT Infrastructure Analyst contributes to the planning and designing of the ICT infrastructure components for corporate UNV requirements, and provides technical expertise in the design, implementation and oversight of initiatives driven by business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction and implementation of new technologies
- Contribute to the implementation of ICT infrastructure projects, ensuring full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the technology environment;
- Conduct market research and analysis for the introduction of new technology for system updating and improvement;
- Provide inputs to the development and update of the ICT Infrastructure annual plan and road map;
- Liaise with hardware and software vendors and with UNDP to ensure that technology facilities are current and provide services that meet business and user requirements;
- Implement technology facilities to ensure backup, redundancy and disaster recovery provision;
- Keep abreast of technology industry trends and developments, and implement upgrades or enhancements to meet business’ needs.
Management of Hybrid Cloud
- Plan, install and maintain ICT server infrastructure (Linux + Windows) and ICT services;
- Administer Directory Services to actively maintain DNS, DHCP, Postfix, and identities;
- Manage VMWare & Hyper-V infrastructure and availability of virtual servers and their templates;
- Manage SAN/NAS storage infrastructure, Fiber Channel switches and Backup infrastructure;
- Plan, implement and improves the Monitoring system;
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a consistent schedule of system backups and database archive operations;
- Monitor, Manage, and Maintain configurations & running cost for Geneva based cloud infrastructure
- Monitor, Manage, and Maintain configurations & running cost for o365/Azure/Devops cloud IaaS
- Prepare and update system administration documentation and server operations manuals;
- Analyze performance problems and implements solution to enhance functionality, reliability and usability;
- Analyze critical infrastructure devices and systems for weaknesses, threats, vulnerabilities and controls;
- Maintain/document configuration management for all services.
Management of hardware and software packages
- Provide support in ensuring that hardware and software platforms meet UNDP and UNV corporate standards and key business processes;
- Make recommendations on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
- Monitor personal computers running the software deploying system to ensure that software distributions are being delivered correctly, and manage software patch updates for all users;
- Perform third-level desktop troubleshooting in conjunction with the ICT Help Desk;
- Administer identities in multiple directories (Local AD, AAD, B2C, O365, SalesForce, Identity and Access management);
- Coordinate user requests within existing UNV IT standards and procedures.
Network infrastructure administration
- Monitor the computing resources to provide a stable and responsive environment;
- Contribute to the timely upgrade of LAN infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UNV requirements;
- Provide technical advice on network administration to other agencies as required and monitor preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided;
- Plan, install and maintain firewalls, routers, switches, cabling system and patch panels;
- Design network architecture including, DMZ, ISP access, WAN, proxies and VLANs;
- Manage Virtual Private Network technology infrastructures, including site-to-site VPN, Remote Access VPN
- Coordinate with Common Services Unit, telecommunication providers and ISPs to manage Internet connectivity and service;
- Maintain and update network diagrams and network operations manuals;
- Monitor IT infrastructure and services using Network Monitoring system in order to pro-actively troubleshoot system anomalies;
- Plan, install and maintain wireless network infrastructure, meeting/events infrastructure, and common conference room facilities;
- Manage vendors and contractors to achieve desired results.
Business continuity and ICT security
- Ensure the protection of corporate electronic information stored on the hybrid cloud; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Implement and maintain IT security systems, such as Firewalls, IPS, Web-Filtering, Anti-Virus, CDN and Nessus security scans;
- Keep proper and complete documentation of all systems, implement and maintain change control procedures and update systems inventory as needed;
- Support the development and update of the ICT disaster recovery plan that serves as input into the UNV business continuity plan, ICT infrastructure and training plans. Follow up of implementation and testing;
- Develop test platforms of new technologies for eventual implementation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline.
- 2 years of technical experience in Hybrid Cloud operations and IT infrastructure, system/network administration;
- Experience of Azure, VMware & HyperV, multi-platform server environment (Linux + Windows), Identity Management, LDAP;
- Experience of Cisco LAN/WAN technologies and SAN/NAS.
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in another official UN language is an asset;
- Working knowledge of German is desirable.