Under the guidance and direct supervision of the DRR (O), the ICT Analyst manages ICT services, develops and implements ICT management systems, provides information management tools and technology infrastructure in medium and large Country Offices. The ICT Analyst is responsible for review of and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the CO productivity. The ICT Analyst promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Analyst heads the ICT Team and supervises staff in the team. The ICT Analyst works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues, liaises with Regional Information Officer (RIO), the Regional Bureau Information Manager (RBIM), OIST staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Development of information and documentation management system
- Management of CO hardware and software packages
- Networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction and implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- CO ICT business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in ICT management, control of the workflows in the ICT team.
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensure that business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management.
- Conduct of market research and analysis, and introduction of new technology for country office system updating and improvement.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets.
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan and road map. Development and update of the business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan, ICT infrastructure and training plans. Follow up on their implementation.
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Leadership of the ICT team for effective and client-oriented services.
Ensures development of information and documentation management system focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Development and implementation of CO information and documentation management system in accordance with UNDP policy and the country office needs.
- Manages CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- CO hardware and software platforms meet the UNDP corporate standards and the CO key business processes.
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies
- Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNDP systems.
- Development of new software for high impact results (e.g. office management system, e- registry, intranet, etc).
Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the computing resources to provide a stable and responsive environment.
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access.
- Monitoring of backup and restoration procedures for both server and local drives.
- Timely upgrade of LAN infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UNDP requirements.
- Provision of technical advice on network administration to other agencies as required and monitoring preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided.
Provides web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (e.g. office management systems, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
- Creation and technical maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet.
- Provision of technical advice on web management to other agencies as required and monitoring preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided.
Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of training for the operations/projects staff on ICT issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices directly linked to ICT management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates the same in his/her work
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development:
- Basic research and analysis
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
Design and Implementation of Management Systems:
- Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
- Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management:
- Basic monitoring
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: Master’s degree in Information systems, Information Management or Bachelors with four years of experience in,Computer Science or related discipline. Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant working experience, including development and implementation of ICT strategies, management and supervision of ICT services and teams, hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications, experience in web design and development of web-based office applications.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN language and national language of the duty station.