United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main objectives of the assignment is to provide ICT support services to the UNCDF Office during the final phases (migration and stabilization) of the Cloud Computing/Office365 project; technical support to UN House Agencies on their own ICT Projects (migration to UMOJA, to the Cloud, including unified communication; and develop the UN House backbone.
- The services rendered to UNCDF and the UN House Agencies concerned will be within the framework of cost recovery agreements with the Agencies.
The ICT Assistant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN ICT Associate and will:
- Coordinate with IT team and other service support providers to effectively resolve incidents and requests;
- Add redundancy to our network backbone by investigating, configuring and implementing new hardware where required;
- Manage the configuration and upgrade of our Internet Services;
- Manage the installation, configuration and support of our Video Conferencing equipment across UN House;
- Assist in the presentation of display materials;
- Support the final phase of the Office 365 Project in its rollout of Social networking (Yammer) (3rd to 4th Quarter 2015);
- Manage the consolidation of the UNDP data file structure and its migration to SharePoint;
- Support the Agencies migration to the new ERP platform – UMOJA;
- Investigate a backup strategy for our data storage at UN House;
- Effective functioning of the platforms (final product);
- Support agencies migration to Windows 8 and/or to Windows 10;
- Manage the Hi-path PABX telephony system;
- Help to accomplish administrative responsibilities (email creation, deletion, user orientation, create access code etc.) and provide TOR specifications for IT related procurement.
- Secondary education with specialized formal training on ICT systems Microsoft or Cisco Certification is an asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in ICT Support services.
- Fluency in French and English.