Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the ICT Assistant position is to provide support on specific technical competences related to program and support development.
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Follows all IT procedures & policies in NRC Support and Central Programme Office.
- keeps regular contact with NRC staff requiring IT support & help disk.
- should dedicated to her work as IT Member in NRC Afghanistan.
- Networking installation as LAN in any NRC new sites in Kabul/ supporting from IT coordinator and IT Officer.
- Different software , antivirus installation, configuration.
- Windows , office installation , email configuration.
- Updating IT Inventory on weekly basis, filling the IT item damage report , hand over , managing the IT stock ,taking the repairable IT items to workshop.
- Back up of data regularly/users , contacting IT focal points in NRC offices.
- Online control of IT system in NRC Support and Central Programme Office.
- Should focus more on analyzing problems, finding and delivering permanent.
- solutions to problems occurring on regular basis, instead of providing emergency support and spending time and energy on troubleshooting same problems.
- should provide report/manual on troubleshooting most common network/computer related problems.
- Should provide regular weekly plan on planned activities in following weeks & get approval from IT Coordinator.
- Should provide regular weekly & Monthly report on all activities done during the past week & Month.
- Analyze NRC network and recommend optimal solutions for any new Problems.
- Travel requires to provincial offices.
- Any other task given by ICT Coordinator, Able to work on Weekends if requires.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Two Years relevant experience in ICT field.
- Previous experience working in a similar role providing technical support, help desk experience and experience with local area networks is an asset.
- Previous experience in work with Windows based networks, Windows 2008/2012 Relevant education and certificates (MCSE) (CCNA) in Windows 2000/2003 is an advantage, windows domain environment – DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, remote control, Dell/HP, Cisco, Microsoft Networking. Back up data system.
- A+ Hardware with Networking.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and Cisco firewall software.
- Good Knowledge of Cisco & Microsoft network environment.
- Having Ability to install and working with different Operating systems.
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector.
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Education title: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect