This position is in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Gaziantep - Turkey. OCHA Syria in Turkey office serve as a hub to Whole of Syria crisis operation with 30 staff for country office and 14 staff for country based pooled fund (Syria Cross-border Humanitarian Fund).
The main office is based in Gaziantep and there is a small Liaison Office in Ankara (4 staff).
OCHA also extend the IT service to a sister agency UNMM (UN Monitoring Mechanism) in Gaziantep, who has separate server than OCHA, thus ICT Assistant tasks include to provide supports to UNMM on ad-hoc basis on internet connection and liaise with DFS IT teams.
Please note that applicants applying for UNOCHA Local Fixed Term positions must be a Turkish Citizens.
Only candidates holding Turkish Nationality and who meet the recruitment qualifications in terms of education, experience and language skills as advertised through the Job Description, should apply online and submit one application through a letter of interest accompanied by an informative but concise CV in English indicating the reference code of the post and UN Personal History Form (P11).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support management of the server room.
- Support the office network of servers, computers, hardware and Internet infrastructure.
- Support for updating network and system to ensure that it is secure and using the most current technologies.
- Troubleshoot problems in personal computers and make sure they have most up-to-date software.
- Maintain managing Security Firewall System.
- Assist for Manage the Antivirus Software.
- Assist for maintaining the Backup system.
- Assist for liaising with vendors for maintenance, delivery of hardware and software, and other services.
- Make sure hardware is functional for OCHA office.
- Support software selection and troubleshooting.
- Update current EDP inventory with new purchases.
- Ensure that printers are fully functional.
- Maintain a stock of toner cartridges to insure uninterrupted printing for all printers.
- Technical support and maintenance of the printers.
- Make sure the local server functions properly with close cooperation with HQ ICT.
- Make sure Lotus notes clients are upgraded to the latest version on all computers.
- Technical support on Microsoft 365 software used by the staff including troubleshooting problems
- Provide user support on how to optimally use software.
- Support and training on OCHA systems including the Syria Workspace, FiDMS, OCHAnet and corporate websites
- Provide audio teleconference, video conference management and web-based streaming over the Internet.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification).
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required;
- 2 years’ experience in IT, including Networking and Server installation and administration with bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ relevant experience with secondary education.
- Experience in information management or related field would be an asset, some experience in the design and successful implementation of new processes and systems would be an asset.
- Experience in the application of information management in humanitarian response is desirable.
- Proficiency in English and Turkish are required. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable