For Saudi Nationals Only
The primary role of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is to support country-led efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The work of UNDP in 170 countries around the world is anchored in diverse and effective partnerships, which are vital to our two critical roles at country level: (a) as an integrator across policy, programmatic and organizational silos; and (b) as an operational backbone for the United Nations and other partners.
Saudi Arabia is witnessing economic prosperity and progress in all domains of socio-economic development which produced tangible improvement in all human development indicators such as standard of living, health and education services, environmental conditions as well as potentials of comprehensive development. In April 2016, the Government of Saudi Arabia announced its Saudi Vision 2030 – an ambitious long-term development programme.
Saudi Vision 2030 represents an ambitious blueprint with long-term goals and expectations. It is expressed in three themes of a vibrant society: a thriving economy and an ambitious nation. A review of the three themes and their underlying issues of national concern reveal a holistic approach to development that encompasses the three dimensions of sustainable development: the social, the economic and the environment.
The partnership between UNDP and Saudi Arabia is covering vital sectors and areas which contributes to address the needs of Saudi society, including enhancement of the local capacity of different government institutions and support to policy making and reporting. A wide set of under the scope of technical assistance is provided in order to assist the KSA departments in their reform processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT management systems and strategies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP's implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades
- Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis.
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Provision of ICT support to key events
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required.
- If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- University Degree in Computer Science would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications in combination of secondary education
- 2 Years of relevant working experience in combination of bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in Arabic & English