UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework
Reporting to the Chief, Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICTU)and Team Leader, Systems Development, the incumbent provides technical support for the implementation of activities related to core UNV initiatives driven by business user needs in areas such as:
Business Applications and websites (cloud and on-premises);
SharePoint Online Applications
Cloud-based Application Integration
Robotic Process Automation
ICT service management and service delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
- Systems analysis, technical design and specifications
- Develop software and hardware specifications of UNV systems;
- Develop and translate business requirements into application functionality, specifications, and test plans;
- Liaise with staff in business units, external IT specialists, and provide specialized advice to users;
- Develop business systems documentation;
- Apply rapid development and iterative prototyping to complex software problems.
- Systems development, maintenance and integration
- Develop and maintain UNV systems in the cloud and on-premises;
- Develop new features and functionalities to for UNV systems;
- Integrate UNV applications in a consistent manner (application integration, data integration, business rules integration);
- Coordinate with outsourced company developers about the requirements to the system changes/ development, discussing technical issues and getting the solution as per agreed contracts;
- Ensure optimum technical performance of the system, upgrade or enhance existing functionalities, troubleshoot and provide continuing user support, including resolving problems (Tier III applications support);
- Maintain and administer the Web Servers (cloud and on-premises).
- Follow release management guidelines;
- Perform User Acceptance testing;
- Monitor application security and performance before and after releases;
- Monitor application and server logs.
- Identity and Access Management
- Ensure proper functioning of UNV Identity and Access Management system;
- Monitor the log files and act accordingly;
- Liaise with vendors to implement improvements in the system;
- Perform modifications in the system and suggest improvements.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Define use cases to automate data exchange between applications;
- Configure the RPA process using UIPath or similar tools;
- Monitor the RPA jobs.
- Innovation:Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership:Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management:Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication:Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery:Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Functional Competencies:Information Systems and Technology (General)
- Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
- Applications Management:Ability to develop, support, and maintain applications.
- IT Customer Support:Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance
- Knowledge Management:Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in computer science, information systems, or related field;
- University degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement;
- Certification in following IT skills is desirable: .Net core, Logic Apps, Azure Active Directory, Kubernetes, PHP frameworks, Enterprise Service Bus, Azure.
- 6 years of relevant experience in information and communication technology;
- Experience with software development projects, with ability to collaborate on medium to large technical projects involving internal and external (outsourced) teams;
- Experience in developing web applications with Microsoft technologies (C#, .Net, Visual Basic);
- Experience in developing web applications in Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with distributed version control (GIT, TFVC);
- Experience in delivering application component involving web services (REST, SOAP, APIs, Service Bus);
- Experience in databases and complex SQL queries;
- Experience in configuring SharePoint Online features;
- Experience with agile software development methodologies would be an additional advantage.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.