UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework
Reporting to the Chief, Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICTU) and Team Leader, Systems Development, the incumbent provides technical support for the implementation of activities related to core UNV initiatives driven by business user needs in areas such as:
- Business Applications and websites;
- SharePoint Online Applications
- Application Integration
- ICT service management and service delivery
- Application Security
- Release Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Data management, analysis and reporting
- Perform data clean-up routine job using queries;
- Ensure data consistency across multiple systems;
- Ensure proper usage and integration of UNV taxonomy across all systems;
- Verify quality of data integration between different systems;
- Maintain current and future data-stores (Current databases are MSSQL Server & MySQL);
- Create and maintain complex SQL queries;
- Use strong analytical skills to understand the data ecosystem and the data interaction and use this overall understanding to improve data exchange between systems;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality;
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems;
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems;
- Work with business users to prioritize business and information needs;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Generate BI reports from the datasets.
Systems development and maintenance
- Develop and maintain UNV applications;
- Develop new features and functionalities for UNV in line with the development SOPs;
- Integrate UNV applications in a consistent manner (Application integration, data integration, business rules integration);
- Coordinates- with outsourced company developers about the requirements to the system changes/ development, discussing technical issues and getting the solution as per agreed contracts;
- Ensure optimum technical performance of the system, upgrade or enhance existing functionalities, troubleshoot and provide continuing user support, including resolving problems (Tier III applications support).
- Follow release management guidelines;
- Perform User Acceptance testing;
- Monitor application security and performance before and after releases;
- Monitor Application and server logs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in computer science, information systems, or related field;
- IT certifications are desirable.
- 6 years of relevant experience in information and communication technology;
- Alternatively bachelor degree in combination with three (3) years of qualifying experience may be accepted;
- Proven working experience as data analyst, performing data cleanup and synchronization tasks;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting software (PowerBI), databases (MSSQL), programming (ETL frameworks);
- Experience in maintaining MySQL and MSSQL databases;
- Experience in optimizing Datawarehouse in SQL server (cloud and on-premises);
- Experience with agile software development methodologies would be an additional advantage.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.