United Nations Development Programme, Bonn, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
The ICT Infrastructure team at UNV Information and Communications Technology Unit (ICTU) is responsible for the operations of the data centre and the provision of all ICT hardware, software, network and telecommunications services to UNV HQ, as well as user provisioning/de-provisioning in Regional Offices and Field Units.
UNV is undergoing digital transformation to better serve its UN partners and effectively support the delivery of the 2030 Agenda by deploying UN Volunteers worldwide faster and at a reduced cost of operations. The UNV Digital Transformation will lead to new organizational capabilities with new systems supported by frontier technologies. Central to this transformation is development of the ‘Unified Volunteer Platform (UVP)’ which will bring together all aspects of volunteer management, including both online and onsite UN Volunteers. UNV has also developed a Salesforce based CRM and Service Desk platform. In parallel, UNDP is leading an Oracle Cloud project with aim to launch it on the 1st Jan 2022. These projects have a direct impact on UNV current integration with PeopleSoft (ERP), and all existing and future integrations need to be implemented or updated.
Reporting to the Systems Development Specialist, the ICT Associate contributes to the successful integration of Oracle Cloud system with upcoming Unified Volunteer Platform (UVP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cloud integration with UNV systems
- Gather all integration requirements between UNV systems and Oracle cloud project, based on existing integration and future integration needs;
- Participate and provide inputs during technical sessions with counterparts in other teams and communicate clearly UNV requirements;
- Monitor progress of Oracle Cloud and other integrations and provide summary to ICT and DT teams and others (as needed);
- Develop integration components in Microsoft Azure stack (LogicApps, Azure functions, Service Bus, etc.) and maintain existing components;
- Liaise with the BI, RPA and UVP team to map all integration requirements;
- Coordinate with UNV business and technical stakeholders, as well as vendor(s) involved in UVP development; and UNDP counterparts
- Support the testing efforts for all pre-launch and after-launch development sprints and deployments of new functionalities developed by ICTU and/or external vendors for the UVP;
- Conduct regression testing as well as ad-hoc testing as required;
- Coordinate user testing sessions to observe users’ interactions with UVP, record their feedback and report back to the project team;
- Participate in development, programming, debugging and implementation meetings of UVP and related volunteer management systems.
- System integration demonstrations and training to various audiences
- Prepare various demonstration and knowledge materials;
- Conduct demonstration sessions as per demand from internal and external audiences;
- Conduct online and onsite training sessions to various audiences, including hands-on trainings;
- Collect user feedback from demonstrations and training sessions in a structured way for further implementation consideration by the project team;
- Document all integrations implemented.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Technical/Functional Competencies
- IT Customer Support
- Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance
- Applications Management
- Ability to develop, support, and maintain applications
- Information Systems and Technology
- Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
- Operational Efficiency
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Relationship Management
- Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
- Knowledge Management
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education with specialized certification in information technology, computer science or related discipline.
- 6 years of relevant experience in integration projects;
- Alternatively, bachelor degree in combination with 3 (three) years of qualifying experience may be accepted;
- Experience in Azure Cloud integration development (LogicApps, Azure functions, Service Bus, Integrations using API/Web Services and API Management, DevOps, ContainersExperience in Oracle cloud integration project is an asset;
- Experience in UiPath is an advantage.