ICT Associate (Egyptian Nationals Only)
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan and Standard Operating Procedures in ICT services.
- Provision of support to the use of UN Women ERP system (ATLAS) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all CO hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
Ensures efficient networks administration, provides web management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that UNW desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of ICT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and CO Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including: processes, procedure, backup and restoration.
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNW upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids
- ICT assets management and maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
Ensures effective functioning as CO Security Focal Point (SFP), focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Update and maintain the office security list and wardens list.
- Coordinate with UNDSS for office security matters.
- Preparation and completion of all security surveys and reports as required.
- Communicate and disseminate the security messages and alerts to all CO staff.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, ICT, or any other field, with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification).
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required.
- If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Six (6) years working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, ICT trouble shooting and knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=68175