The primary role of this position is to be responsible for the ICT Service operation. This will include the infrastructure support, hardware support, Application support and Training needs of the end users. Primarily the role will cater to the business requirements of the National office/Zonal Offices/Field Office in order to ensure of the smooth functioning of its operation.
Providing strategic influence to the ICT & Zonal office leadership in order effectively manage the enterprise resources for the betterment of the organization.
Need to ensure high confidentiality for all critical data of all users & need to ensure of data redundancy at all times. Providing leadership to the end users in the ICT operation is another key responsibility of this role.
Every measured task is to be highly configured with expert knowledge where each end-users data confidentiality, security & reliability is taken in to consideration throughout the ICT strategy.
This role should do more research on new technologies affected to the HelpDesk function on new product deployments. This will support the management to take effective decisions.
Ensure improved service quality of ICT Operations across the organization
- Provide required technical support in the installation, application & use of IT hardware, software applications to staff & relevant stakeholders, Coordinate IT equipment repair, Service & Maintenance , Manage the PABX & UPS,CCTV Systems & its operations ; Support WVL Staff & its meetings/ forums with its IT requirements, IT asset management, Staff IT Training & Help Desk support as required
- Provide required technical training & effectively manage WV Partnership/Global products & applications, Internet, Email, Database Applications & support its smooth operations across the organization.
- Vendor coordination to improve QOS, ensure sound engineering for in-house/external events , configuration of new assets & products
- Engage with field offices ADP/AP/Project Offices & provide required IT facilities & support services including when setting up new office & when moving/shifting/closure.
Ensure a safe & secure IT operation environment across the organization
- Ensure National office/ remote office computers are within the recommended standard and policies of the World Vision International Service Coordinating Manual / SLA World Vision;
- To be responsible for effective virus detection and removal procedures; practice preventive maintenance procedure of hardware and software applications across WVL operations.,
- Educate staff on the safe & secure use of computers and equipment, remotely and on-site; enabling a safe, secure, virus free network environment for users;
- Ensure that use of resources are in alignment with the accepted standards and policies
Provide an improved automated business environment to enhance efficiency
- Responsible for the disposal of IT equipment process.; Ensure all backups of critical data is taking & secured in line with the policy & partnership applications;
- Support third party applications -ensuring easy & staff access of applications & databases for the end user.
Support enhanced use of efficient green technologies effectively:
- Provide on-line IT help ( telephone assistance) to the end user queries at National office/ADPs/HEA & relevant stakeholders
- Provide required technical support & remote administration to facilitate effective Webex Meetings for WVL & its end users.
- Provide ICT4D support
- Provide ICT Support for Remote office requirements & Schools within World Vision program operations
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Higher National Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- MCP, MCSA, MCSE with minimum of 05 years of experience in similar capacity
- Experience in hardware maintenance repair and servicing, electronics
- Effective communication , documentation & report writing skills
- Experience in enterprise resource management
- Experience in virtualization & cloud solutions
- Experience working in remote and virtual private networks
- Understanding in general computer languages
- Expert knowledge in network operations & trouble shooting (on site & remote)
- Hands on knowledge & experience in software installation and configuration
- Knowledge in identifying the problem to troubleshoot
- Provide excellent customer service to WV programs & the end-users across the organization
- Ability communicate well in English & fluency in local languages
- Experience and knowledge in open sourced technologies & Thin client preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Able to work well in Team in a multi-cultural work environment
- Commitment to World Vision core values & Mission Statement