Danish Refugee Council, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
The ICT intern will facilitate in the efficient and effective running of the ICT systems of DRC operation. She/he will ensure compliance with the DRC operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the IT Specialist to identify, investigate, and resolve, follow up problems brought to the helpdesk by users of in some of the following areas: Email, Office applications, presentations, printers and photocopier use.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures.
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops.
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities.
- In liaison with Logistics Department carry out asset verification.
- Take user support requests and take measures to fulfill requests.
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management.
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals.
- Any other duties assigned
- A minimum of 2-year IT Training in a reputable institution.
- A+, N+ knowledge and training
- Microsoft Windows 7 and above
- Microsoft Office 2016 and above
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate (MS word & excel and other accounting software)
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.