United Nations Children's Fund, Amman, Jordan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference
The purpose of this engagement is the maintenance, upgrade and full operation of the MIS. To make a difference, the Senior Quality Assurance Officer will perform the following key functions / accountabilities:
- MIS maintenance and upgrades: Fully functional MIS solution, both Main-MIS and Mobile MIS as well as data exchange with other providers;
- MIS design: Work with program specialists to understand requirements and design new features;
- Complement and update documentation: Meet software development best practices quality standards;
- Any other related tasks reasonably assigned by the Supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- University degree (Bachelor or higher) in computer science, software engineering, information technology related areas. Professional quality assurance or software development certification is an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional experience in Software Development as Quality Assurance Officer with experience in UI/UX design, automated testing, CentOS Linux, Postgres, Java Enterprise Edition, RESTful Web Services in large national or international entities.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.