The Finance and Support Services Department (FSSD) provides effective delivery of IDLO’s finance, reporting, procurement, and information & communication technology to help deliver IDLO’s activities, thereby contributing to IDLO’s ability to strategically fulfil its mission. This also encompasses the optimization of IDLO’s internal policies, processes, and extends to its organizational planning, target-setting, and performance measurement. The Department plays a key role in creating and implementing IDLO’s vision of a networked organization, incorporating the principles of matrix management and promoting an environment of shared resources. The Department is an essential enabler to support cross-functional teams to coalesce around initiatives and projects.
- The ICT Service Desk Associate shall provide helpdesk support to all IDLO users.
Under the direct supervision of the ICT Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provide technical support (Tier 1 and 2) to users globally.
- System maintenance and upgrade - carry out activities of help desk, technical support, asset management, and log/data entry in the Service Desk platform.
- Remote and onsite support for video conferencing services and events – setup, testing and schedule virtual meetings/calls based on users’ requests; operate and troubleshoot onsite/virtual video conferencing systems; answer questions of users related to videoconferencing and create/maintain documentation for each conferencing platform.
- Follow internal ICT business processes, provide recommendations as needed.
- Meet service level agreements - carry out the work as per IDLO standard processes to ensure that SLAs are met and service requests resolved in a timely manner, including by escalating issues as required.
- Work alongside external vendors - as required, work alongside external vendors who have been engaged to carry out various tasks and deliverables.
- Plan and organize basic training to users on a regular basis and as required to ensure that users can competently use key business applications without the need for ICT support; and
- Perform any other relevant assignments requested by the supervisor.
Education and Work Experience
- Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Help Desk role and environment.
- Certification or training in Customer Services and ITIL would be an advantage.
- Experienced in understanding TCP/IP.
- Fluency in English and Italian is required. Knowledge of either French or Spanish would be an advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Full Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite and client-side technologies (Win 10, TeamViewer, OneDrive, SharePoint, MS Teams, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance with audio/video conferencing equipment (Polycom, Ayno) and any online webinar/meeting platforms (GoToMeeting, Zoom, Webex, etc.).
- Understanding of video conferencing related protocols.
- Experience setting up, monitoring video conferencing systems and VoIP telephony environments.
- Knowledge of computer hardware maintenance and repair.
- Experience with computer and printer troubleshooting.
- Flexible, with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Works well with others, share information, contributes, encourages, and motivates others to become involved in team activities.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.