Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS mission is to help the poor by strengthening the capacity of the United Nations, governments and other partners to conduct their infrastructure, procurement and project management activities in a sustainable and efficient manner. .
Within these three main areas of expertise, the organization provides its partners with transactional, advisory and implementation services, for projects ranging from the construction of schools and hospitals to the purchase of goods. and services, through the training of local workers. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the projects the organization supports, with a particular focus on building national capacities.
UNOPS operates in some of the world's most challenging contexts and its vision is to improve sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian assistance and peacebuilding, while meeting or exceeding systematically the expectations of its partners.
With more than 7,000 staff in more than 80 countries, UNOPS gives its partners the logistical, technical and managerial knowledge they need, wherever they need it. Its flexible structure and international reach allow the organization to respond quickly to the needs of its partners while generating economies of scale.
The ICT Specialist will be part of the team of the Directorate General of Informatics (DGI), in charge of supporting the Ministry of Justice in its digital transition with the "digital justice 2020" program and the portal unique justice. The DGI and the business committee will ensure the design, operation and support of business applications in order to support the various courts.
Field of activity
- Having a solid competence in the definition of architecture of complex solutions, the ICT Specialist will in particular:
- Develop a good knowledge of business processes, organization, as well as applicable legal requirements
- Participate in the analysis of protection needs and the design of security measures for exchanging data between the various actors
- Identify the services to citizens, businesses, legal professionals, administrations to be delivered through the portal of the Ministry of Justice and their secure access methods
- Identify the services to magistrates, clerks and other members of the DOJ to be delivered through the DOJ portal and their secure access modalities
- Finalize the functional mapping in connection with the application and technical layers
- Develop the target technical architecture of the urbanized information system (business applications, service catalog, interoperability, hosting, portal, secure access mechanisms, etc.)
- Propose realistic architectural choices with regard to business requirements, budget, planning and norms and standards (SOA, micro-services, etc.)
- Work with all program stakeholders to integrate their constraints into a validated architecture
- Update the technical coherence framework and create the architecture repository and the service catalog for interoperability with various systems external and internal to the MJ
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- University degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the IT field
- Excellent knowledge of IT development is essential
- Experience in complex and interdependent systems is important
- Strong experience in the design of 3-tier web architecture, distributed hosting and virtualized environments is a whole
- Mastery of several application integration patterns and techniques (SOAP / REST web-service, message broker, batch, etc.) and interface contracts (OpenAPI, WSDL)
- Good writing skills and excellent analytical skills are an asset.
- Fluency in public expression and in teamwork is an asset
- Perfect command of the Arabic language
- Perfect command of the French language