Under the guidance of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and UNDP management, the ICT Specialist – Team Leader will contribute to UNDP’s support in the National Registry of Persons (RNP), providing advisory services in the area of information systems’ life cycle, including but not limited to inception, design, development, integration, quality assurance, and knowledge transferring. The ICT Specialist will guide the ICT technical team, composed of different technical profiles, and will work closely with RNP’s ICT Specialist and ICT technicians for the successful implementation of a high-end platform, that will allow a secure and integral management of all the information being collected and produced during the biometric digital enrollment that RNP will perform with UNDP support at the national level. The ICT Specialist will provide advice and technical support to RNP’s ICT Specialist and ICT technicians for the implementation of sound practices and international standards aimed to ensure the integrity, security, and availability of RNP’s information. Furthermore, the ICT Specialist will guide RNP on the best approaches to ensure scalability and high availability of the infrastructure that will be implemented by RNP with UNDP support. Also, the ICT Specialist will implement an effective capacity development strategy allowing RNP to develop the necessary competencies in view of further improvements and sustainability of the implemented systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate user requirements into high-end technological solutions.
- Implement the integration points between the national identification system, back-office workflows related to enrollment kits, biometric engines/services/interfaces, and civil registry, in accordance with RNP’s requirements.
- Ensure that the work between the different RNP providers is integrated in accordance with RNP’s requirements and following best international practices;
- Writing technical documentation where necessary;
- Establish functional test plans for the software and coordinate with RNP and UNDP technical team to implement them.
- Ensure sound complementary quality assurance actions on the different systems and software components.
- Any other activity requested by the CTA and/or UNDP Management.
- Knowledge and expertise in democratic governance, electoral assistance and democratization, including their gender dimensions.
- Significant experience in providing practical advice to policy makers; ability to work well with senior counterparts; and knowledge of how to contribute to building national capacities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to foster networks and partnerships, and good working knowledge of information and computer technology.
- Excellent negotiation and representational skills, at senior level (with national leaders, international organizations and/or diplomatic missions).
- Analytical judgment and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
- Demonstrates strong intellectual and operational capacity in providing and coordinating advisory services to stakeholders in relevant processes.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and to meet strict deadlines often under difficult conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others.
- Self-management, including conflict management/negotiating skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in computer, science, systems engineering, information technology, or another related field from a university appearing in reputable international rankings.
- Ten years of experience in the implementation of complex architecture information systems for serving large populations in the areas of voter registration, civil registry, national identification or related field.
- Ten years of experience in the management of multicultural and multidisciplinary ICT teams under hard environments in terms of calendar and high pressure.
- Sound and verifiable knowledge and experience on systems development approaches and quality assurance methodologies.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.