United Nations Volunteers, Bujumbura, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Under the supervision of the Head of the Governance and Rule of Law Unit, and in support of the national partner, the ICT specialist will be responsible for managing the project and will perform the following tasks / responsibilities:
- Provide advice on issues relating to e-governance and e-commerce materializing through technical and guidance notes or concept notes as required;
- Support the mobilization of government, non-government, private sector, technical and financial partners to ensure successful achievement of portfolio results on aspects related to electronic governance and electronic commerce in the target areas of the project in line with UNDP priorities;
- Support the government partner in the implementation of the National Strategy for Electronic Governance and / or Electronic Commerce;
- Ensure the implementation and the programmatic, administrative and financial monitoring, in accordance with the performance and results framework of the project, with UNDP procedures. This includes preparing for:
- Annual work plan,
- Annual monitoring and evaluation plan and purchasing plan as well as their update,
- Quarterly disbursement plans reflecting cash requirements as well as their update,
- Quarterly progress reports, including financial reporting,
- Annual and closing reports and any other special report / document as required.
- In close collaboration with the office's monitoring and evaluation officer, monitor the performance and results framework of the project on the ATLAS integrated management system, in accordance with UNDP procedures; This also includes the budgetary management of activities (Budget revisions and their documentation);
- Develop the terms of reference for the various expertises to be mobilized within the framework of the project and coordinate with the competent UNDP teams the processes of their contracting.
- Follow up with technical partners and carry out a substantial review of the deliverables that will be submitted and the products or results achieved;
- Plan quarterly meetings of the "COPIL" steering committee and coordinate their organization and documentation with the national partner (Minutes, minutes, etc.);
- Prepare and coordinate with the competent UNDP teams, the project audit and / or evaluation processes according to UNDP procedures;
- In close collaboration with the office's communications officer, ensure communication and promotion of project results through a contribution to UNDP communication resources and media;
- Mobilize and develop partnership links with national partners, local authorities, public and private institutions, civil society and international institutions in order to position the project well in relation to the various interventions and contribute to the mobilization of resources for its possible extension of 'other areas of intervention;
- Monitor the archiving and documentation system, including the ATLAS integrated management system;
- Supervise the activities of the support team made available to the project;
- Carry out all other tasks entrusted by the UNDP or the national partner meeting the requirements for the implementation of enabling activities.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required degree level
- Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Type of qualifications: A master's degree in the field of Information and Communication Technologies.
Number of years of experience
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in the fields of project management related to ICT and / or in the field of development of ICT systems and / or solutions;
- Experience of at least 2 years in the field of modernization of public administration;
- Knowledge of the United Nations System and the Burundian Context would be an asset.
- Write and speak French fluently.
- Knowledge of English would be an asset.
Driver's license: No
- Proven experience in the use of computer tools and office software packages,
- Proven experience in dealing with web based management systems and advanced programs.
- French (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge