NRC is in Syria to support people affected by forced displacement (IDPs, returnees, host community etc.) so that they can have access to timely and effective assistance, to cope with the crisis and when the crisis ends return and rebuild their lives. Since the start of its activities in mid-2016 in Syria, NRC has reached with humanitarian assistance more than 360,000 people, out of which more than 150,000 reached in 2018 alone in the Governorates of Damascus, Aleppo and Rif Damascus.
NRC will continue to apply an integrated programming approach, where Education, capacity building, Shelter/WASH, and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) programmes work jointly to enable displacement-affected populations to meet their basic needs, enjoy their rights, and benefit from pathways to durable solutions.
Role Specific Information:
- Supports the development and roll out of local SOPs, systems and procedures, which are in line with the Global NRC ICT policies and procedures.
- Helps maintaining systems including general computer support, upgrades, software development and deployment, software installations, license management, network and printer support, deployment of equipment, manage inventories and end user support.
- Helps developing troubleshooting guides and guidelines for NRC Syria staff in common ICT related issues/complaints.
- Support managing documents, filing systems within NRC Syria, and utilizing the relevant systems effectively.
- Provides technical assistance in the procurement of ICT goods and services as assigned by his line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in information technology or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Must have strong technical ICT skills and ability to diagnose software and hardware issues and find appropriate solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills, written and oral; be able to communicate effectively, produce reports, and present solutions.
- Flexibility to deference demand
- Computer Knowledge: Networking advance
- Fluency in English both written and verbal