ICT Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC is looking for an ICT Technical Assistant for our field office in Yola, Adamawa State in North-East Nigeria. The Purpose of the position is to support all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRC's global digital transformation strategy. They ensure quality support is given to colleagues and advise on the technological solutions to best address the needs of the organization, with support from the team.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The ICT Technical Assistant reports to the ICT Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable