The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Overall responsibility for document and vendor management, help develop and implement IT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by proactively identifying & highlighting issues and risks that may impact the services provided by NRC Bangladesh ICT department or the NRC Core services (Oslo).
- Follow process & procedures in line with the NRC policies. Carry out knowledge transfer sessions within the team encouraging the culture of continuous learning & knowledge sharing.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating quotations/bids.
- Test new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback.
- Input recommendations to NRC Bangladesh management regarding improved infrastructure, and systems, taking into consideration the organisation’s anticipated growth.
Routine Administrative Tasks
- Create and maintain ICT inventory, including both hardware, software and peripheral/accessory equipment. Document all/any losses or damage.
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures (including staff IT rules), and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor and report ICT expenses.
- Provide inputs into operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and expected support needs.
Software & Hardware
- Responsible for provision of software and system troubleshooting and support, proactively scheduling software upgrades and patching.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications.
- Assure that all software on NRC equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management.
- Regularly maintain office internet network to ensure smooth running of networked devices and online systems such as Agresso, Webcruiter, Office 365, etc.
- Equip office to ensure prevent data loss due to electricity outages
Filing and Document Management
- Locally support NRC’s Document Management and filing systems and the SharePoint-based filing tree according to guidelines from the NRC Head Office.
- Ensure that all relevant physical files are filed according to procedure.
- Conduct trainings for all relevant staff members, to ensure the Document Management and filing systems are being used according to purpose.
Management of Vendor Services
- Overall responsibility for scheduling repairs and maintenance with vendors.
- Request and evaluate services with vendors and service providers.
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Work with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Ensure staff member’s computer, telephone and any other related ICT equipment are set up prior to new hire/contract start date.
- Request and setup new user accounts and email accounts, troubleshoot, and repair user
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of IT, administration & system management in a busy work environment.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Bangla
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Must have strong technical ICT skills and ability to diagnose software and hardware issues and find appropriate solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills, written and oral, be able to communicate effectively, produce reports, and present solutions.
- May be required to work extended and /or non-core business hours, as and when required by the needs of the organization. This may include evening, weekends and holidays.”
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
"All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability."