IDEX is developing the next wave of "social intrapreneurs" (employees who innovate from within existing organizations) who will support, lead and advance the work of socially focused enterprises around the world!
The social enterprise sector is becoming increasingly competitive with growing innovation, integration of technology and inflow of investor funds. The sector is absorbing talent from different industries and slowly becoming a preferred sector to work for due to its dynamism, scope for growth and competitive compensation packages.
PROGRAM DETAILS :
- 3 Week Virtual Orientation + 1 Week Field Orientation to induct you into the social sector and prepare you for the next 6 months
- 24 Weeks Social Enterprise Placement in India where your professional growth will be matched by personal growth while equipping you with the right tools to accelerate your career
- Relevant, creative, and progressive professional development covering Learning Labs, Professional Networking, peer to peer learning and building a public profile.
- Learning labs (Human Centered Design, Marketing and Communications, Resource Mobilization and Monitoring and Evaluation) led by Subject Matter Experts and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields.
In 2010, Gray Matters Capital launched the IDEX accelerator, a professional 6-month fellowship program for those aspiring to work in social enterprise/development sector. We have since transformed from a pilot project of 10 fellows to a global initiative with 300+ alumni.
We have had the privilege of hosting some of the most influential fellows devoted to social enterprise and have come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in this rapidly evolving development sector. Now, we're searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
- Professional development focused on building the IDEX 20-20 skills that are most desired for a successful career in the impact sector.
- Personal support from a dedicated program manager and in-country team
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local mentor
- Professional Networking opportunities and a platform to build a public profile
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (appx. 8500 Indian Rupees) for the 6 months
- Post-fellowship support
We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who are interested to develop their skills and knowledge to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals using market mechanisms. We love engineers, technology and finance folks as much as we love development sector professionals as we believe that irrespective of your training and interests, the social enterprise sector is a viable career option for you. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however, through funding from generous sponsors, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition.
- With each succeeding cycle, we've been reviewing many more applications. We follow a first-come-first-considered approach when reviewing applications. This means that your chances of acceptance and a greater scholarship award for the fellowship program are higher the sooner you apply and can avail preferred payment plans.
- We actively encourage you to ensure you apply for our generous scholarship awards as applies to you, the IDEX Scholarship (Men and Women) and InvestWISE Scholarship (Women only).
Apply Online at www.idexaccelerator.com