IED Threat and Risk Specialist
UNOPS, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager for UNMAS support to MINUSMA, the IED Threat and Risk Specialist will act as the IED and Explosive Threats and Risks knowledge-management focal point for the project and will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide Explosive Threats and Risks analytical support to the UNMAS Mali program;
- Conduct comprehensive research on IED threats and risks in Mali, working independently or as part of a larger analytical effort;
- Assist the UNMAS project Manager (support to MINUSMA) in developing analytical strategies;
- Produce finished operational and strategic analytic products in the topic area of IED mitigation;
- Integrate IED technical intelligence with traditional all source analysis;
- Evaluate information reporting and sources;
- Prioritize the timely delivery of intelligence support products;
- Provide expert all-source research, analysis, and intelligence analytical products;
- Track all tasks and ad hoc products to completion and provide quality control on all products prior to delivery;
- Production and dissemination of analytic products to a diverse community and customer set Prepare and present intelligence briefings and presentations;
- Ensure the integrity of UNMAS IED databases.
- Design and monitor Lessons Learned Management tools;
- Identify continuous improvements and lessons learned.
- Develop methodology for the collection and analysis of information;
- Develop analytical tools to process information, identify patterns in tactics, procedures, materials, etc. and transform data into practical products which will assist programme and mission decision-making;
- Present the conclusions of analysis as required;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) with five (5) years of relevant experience; or First Level University Degree (Bachelors Degree or equivalent) with seven (7) years of relevant experience; or Military Experience (or relevant Police Experience) at the Staff Officer level combined with 11 years of relevant experience.
- Intelligence-Analysis-Operational Research is highly desired as well as a Certificate in one of the following: EOD, IEDD, C-IED, WIT or equivalent civilian qualification.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in the field of intelligence or information analysis, and at least two (2) years of experience in the field of IED mitigation or anti-terrorism.
- Fluency in (speaking, ready and writing) in English is required with basic (speaking, ready and writing) in French.