IntraHealth, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
In Kenya IntraHealth International implements the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Mechanism whose goal is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people. In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position
Integrated Human Resource Information System (iHRIS) MANAGER (1 position)
Summary of Role
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Program Manager, the iHRIS Manager will provide iHRIS support to the USG implementing partners, national and county governments. S/he will ensure efficient and effective implementation of iHRIS to strengthen HRH Systems.
- Plan and execute implementation of integrated human resources information system (iHRIS) and e-learning modules to target priority counties/facilities and institutions by defining need and benefits of the systems, engagement in training on the systems, system ownership and data update.
- Mentor key staff in iHRIS use through on-job training, onsite and offsite support, as well as linking them to global iHRIS support.
- Provide iHRIS data analytics and National Health Workforce Accounts training including TA to national and county staff for HRH data management, including selected high-volume sites, and implementing partners.
- Support the tracking of iHRIS maturation, transition of iHRIS to counties as well as implementation of phase-out plan for purposes of institutionalization at national and county governments.
- Develop appropriate reporting (print and electronic) of HRH establishment, deployment and performance of service indicators with emphasis on FP/RMNCAH, HIV care and treatment at county / facility level as appropriate.
- Work with health information systems partners to ensure inter-operability between iHRIS and other HRIS/ HIS platforms
- Support migration of the iHRIS from version 4 to iHRIS version 5 towards improving the system application and utilization.
- Engage counties to evaluate state of, and obstacles to HRH data use and enhance iHRIS data use for HRH decision making and provide adhoc and routine support to counties.
- Develop capacity of county health management teams (CHMT) and partners to analyze HRH data and link to service delivery for decision making.
- Support county and national iHRIS teams to establish and sustain iHRIS forums, iHRIS/HRM TWGs and remote help desk mechanisms for sustainable iHRIS users’ networking.
- Participate in development/tracking of work plans, budgets, writing and review of documents such as; monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, concept papers, trip reports, technical briefs, abstracts and success stories in close consultation with M& E section.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or IT related field with 4 years’ experience in the relevant field or a relevant bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in the relevant field
- At least 6 years working experience in systems development and/or implementation
- Previous experience working with major donors, USAID and/or PEPFAR funded programs is an added advantage
- Experience in implementation of web-based systems
- Familiarity with Kenya health information systems domain.
- Experience supporting health information systems with national MOH and county departments of health
- Strong data analytics and visualization skills including density maps
- Interpersonal skills
- Communications Skills
- Planning skills
- Organizing skills
- Service Excellence
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.