UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of Health Specialist, the incumbent will provide technical guidance to ensure that the data that proves that GAVI support in Syria leads to improved immunization outcomes for children, and subsequently to contribution in the reduction of inequities in vaccination coverage, is of the highest quality. In addition, the position will provide ongoing support to key immunization partners in the data collection, cleaning, analysis and reporting processes to ensure the documentation of high quality, sustainable and equitable access of the EPI activities.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the overall coordination and oversight of the polio and EPI data management
- Lead technical resource for data management in support of SIG
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management together with WHO and SIG
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Ensure digital databases and protected from security breaches and data losses
- Critically review the information and data received and modify/improve the quality of the data
- Critically review and harmonize data collection tools and processes to facilitate regional level consolidation of information
- Participate in any other activity that may be required about the management of health sector information
- With input from the Health Specialist and the immunization officer, help produce high quality program progress reports and proposal to donors
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Relevant advanced degree in Public Health and/or Social Sciences with a strong health statistics and information management background, with significant (at least 5 years) country experience in similar emergency contexts and chronic vulnerable situations.
- Proven leadership, coordination and management experience in complex emergencies.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding data management applications.
- Extensive international exposure is required.
- Excellent knowledge of the UN and NGO humanitarian and development communities.
- Prior working experience in the Middle East is an asset.
- Excellent Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Arabic is considered and asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.