Give2Asia is seeking a talented country representative in India to work with the members of the Give2Asia team on their program development and grantmaking goals. This is an hourly position, and the Country Advisor must be prepared for the fluctuations in the workload depending on the demand and necessity of the assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would be based in Southern India, with a preference to individuals based in Bangalore.
The Country Advisor will work with members of the programs team on their program development and grantmaking goals.
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in Asia, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication. This job does not require supervision responsibilities.
- Conduct a due diligence review for new and prospective grantees as well as existing grantees needing renewals. Review due diligence documents that are submitted and evaluate whether organizations are compliant with local and international nonprofit regulations; the organizations are reputable and charitable; and the organization can receive foreign donations.
- Review proposals for international grants by evaluating project descriptions and budgets from local organizations, including ensuring timely receipt and completion of project description and budgets from grantees; alignment with corporate and individual donor interests and strategy; and communicating with the grantee to verify or clarify information.
- Facilitate grants administration for all grants in India.
- Monitor grants activities including: conducting mid-point check-ins with grantees via telephone and email discussions; undergoing grantee site visits when necessary; advising Give2Asia on the performance of each grantee; and providing support and training to grantees on nonprofit project management best practices when necessary.
- Collect reports on grant activities including: collecting reports from grantees in a timely fashion; reviewing all project reports to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; forwarding reports to key donor stewardship staff; and communicating with grantee to clarify information in reports when necessary.
- Translate grantee documents when needed.
- Provide high quality
stewardship to grantees, and donors as requested.
- Research and identify potential business development opportunities for Give2Asia including, identifying new projects and partners, attending events/reaching out to explore business opportunities, conducting needs assessments or other special research, and partner employee engagement opportunities.
- Assist donors and Asia-based representatives of donors on-site in India as requested.
- Support Give2Asia’s Fiscal Sponsorship program by identifying potential new partners in the region.
- Raise Give2Asia’s visibility, brand awareness, and expand Give2Asia’s local network in India.
- Respond to other requests for assistance from Give2Asia staff at the Headquarters.
The Country Advisor will be creative and entrepreneurial with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with significant program experience in the nonprofit and social impact sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience of international grantmaking.
- Knowledge of FCRA/FEMA regulations.
- Proven professional experience engaging with key stakeholders including, national and community-based NGOs, international donors, and nonprofit boards
- Outstanding communications skills; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations
- Demonstrated success expanding business opportunities in the philanthropy and nonprofit sector. Preference for previous engagements with international corporate and individual donors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Knowledge or experience with CSR and philanthropy in India;
- An interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.