About the organization:
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our India Operations team is the jet fuel creating and maintaining a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multi-cultural team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and build and improve the systems to allow IDinsight teams to achieve social impact.
Crucially, the team manages IDinsight’s growth in India, including recruiting top talent, maintaining our unique culture, and managing our New Delhi Office. We are currently hiring for an India Operations Associate with 2-4 years of work experience.
There is significant potential for professional and personal growth on this team. The India Operations Associate will have the opportunity to contribute to the running and growth of an ambitious organization in the social sector. There is also the potential for upward career progression on this team, as well as long-term opportunities to utilize this experience to transition into other industries or go to graduate school. We hope to invest in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our flagship India team for a minimum one-year commitment. We welcome you to submit an application and help us shepherd IDinsight through this unique and exciting period of organizational growth.
The India Operations Associate will work closely with Operations team and will execute the following:
- Executive Support: Provide executive support to the team with multiple tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting communication, editing documentation, conducting research, etc.
- Policies & Systems: Make IDinsight the best place to work in international development. Specific work streams and systems include recruiting, onboarding, off-boarding, performance management, HR systems, alumni engagement, and policies.
- Culture: Maintain a culture of mastery, autonomy, and purpose. This includes driving our global culture and values, reviewing and maintaining benefits, team building activities and budgets, and executing employee surveys and improvements to the way we work.
- Organizational Development Systems: Critically examine and optimize systems that govern how we work, from internal organizational development to our operational processes and systems. These systems include staffing, recruiting, immigration and onboarding, people operations, regional policy, safety and security, compliance and operations strategy.
- Office Admin: Provide administrative support to manage office and immigration support to foriegn nationals, handle vendor management, office's budget and expenses, team benefits (such as health insurance), and other support that improves team effectiveness.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- 2-4 years of work experience in the development/policy sector or consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline
- Passionate about global development and social impact
- Intuitive understanding of the substance and significance of IDinsight’s services and how they translate to impact
- Detail-oriented and able to translate strategic ideas into structured work plans for rapid execution
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management), including translating complex and multifaceted information into digestible materials
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with a track record of openness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams
- Strong values aligned with IDinsight’s stated values.
- Willingness to put in extra effort when required to meet deadlines