The UNDP project signed with the Department of MSME, GoMP on 28th January 2016 Agreement on Building an institutional structure to provide marketing support and capacity building for Entrepreneurs under the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Udyami Yojana” from year 2016 to 31stMarch 2019. The project activities were developed and designed to give Training on General Management and Specific Sector issues. Support in resolving the Banking related issues. Support and guidance was also given to entrepreneurs with regards to release of subsidies and other entitlements under the scheme of MYUY. Keeping a close check on the claims of the subsidies from the Branch to the Nodal Banks was another major activity under the existing project.
The project aimed to provide relevant, context specific training and hand-holding support to entrepreneurs and build their capacities in relevant areas of entrepreneurship development and marketing. The support includes design and delivery of focused training module for the entrepreneurs, development and dissemination of in-depth analytical reports on key problems faced by the entrepreneurs and provide a state-wide platform for knowledge management and experience sharing for all the entrepreneurs in the state. The project aimed to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in the state with all the relevant stakeholders – bankers, government, technical agencies, training institutions and entrepreneurs working on a common platform leveraging their respective strengths.
MYUY project has evidently laid foundation for promotion of successful entrepreneurship in the state; the project has earned considerable appreciation and confidence of the budding entrepreneurs as well as those already engaged in the respective business. The inputs on latest regulations, policy changes, state and national development of various applicable Acts, etc. enable entrepreneurs to strengthen their business in a pragmatic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective of the upcoming Project
The project extension aims at applying the learning’s from the existing project. The activities successfully undertaken within the project tenure shall be replicated. The interventions which worked during the project like the Sector Specific Training, undertaking Techno Economic Evaluation and Handholding support provided to the beneficiaries will be implemented with more rigor.
Deliverables of the Project- The following deliverables is proposed to be adopted under the project:
- 48720 beneficiaries in 1624 Batches spread our 3 years trained in Orientation Workshop.
- 3840 beneficiaries in 116 batches within 3 spread our 3 years imparted technical inputs to manage their business better.
- About 69600 beneficiaries shall be counselled on the issue of- business opportunity options of availing credit from banks; and submitting proper loan application.?
- The NPA rate for the loans taken under the schemes will be reduced by 1 percentage point by 31st March, 2021, over than that observed as on 31st March 2019.?
- Approximately 69600 loan applications of beneficiaries scrutinized for facilitating DTICs and Banks to lake expeditious/decisions.?
- 69600 beneficiaries provided extensive handholding support on the various issues of submission of loan applications; credit appraisal; sanction; disbursement; recovery and access to entitlements.
- Comprehensive database of about 69600 beneficiaries created for extensive research, analysis, feedback, and corrective measures.?
- Experience across the country captured to set agenda for roll out of the Project in more pragmatic manner.
- Review Meetings with Banks undertaken for effective follow-up and addressing the bottlenecks, if any.
- Documentation of 300 Success stories, and 3 Profile Booklets prepared and disseminated to the department and other stakeholders for further.
Summary of Key Functions: The Banking Specialist, will work under the guidance and supervision of SPC.?
The Banking Specialist will primarily be responsible for implementing the project activities. The Banking Specialist will be exclusively responsible to timely disseminate the activities of banking and handholding and generating related reports. The Banking Specialist is also responsible for the development of the Project.
S/he will undertake any other task assigned by the SPC, MYUY and/or State Head, UNDP, MP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Strategy development
- Provide state specific inputs to fill gaps identified in discussion with state level stakeholders
- Obtain necessary approvals for projects from concerned department.
- Hiring of services- UNDP for Program Implementation
- Efficient preparation of contracts, tracking of deliverables and budgets, and ensure completion and closure of the project
- Develop annual work plan as per the approved plan and budget
- Ensure that programs implemented by implementation partners are in line with approved agreements and monitor deliverables?
Program Implementation, Review and Monitoring
- Develop and update the? database of participatory banks in the State Self Employment schemes
- Maintain close liaison with all the participating banks’ focal points to ensure seamless implementation of the project
- Scan the regulatory environment of the banking sector and incorporate changes in the training module as may be required from time to time
- To review relevant Laws, Acts, legal and statutory provisions for proliferation of Community Banking model in rest of the state.
- Work closely with the officials of the Department of Industries to ascertain the problems faced by? entrepreneurs supported under the MYUY scheme pertaining to Banking and provide effective solutions including preparation/ modification of project proposals for MYUY entrepreneurs
- To evaluate Project proposals and develop DPRs
- To conduct and oversee TEE
- Maintain an inventory of relevant documentation required by the entrepreneurs for accessing banking services pertaining to term loan and working capital
- Support the project team in responding to the issues raised in various Banking fora viz. SLBC, DLCC for effective remediation of outstanding issues
- Prepare regular updates related to the progress of the scheme – sanctions, disbursements and repayments for the project progress reports
- Document success stories incorporating good practices in Banking intermediation and impact assessment for wider dissemination in various fora
- Undertake periodic visits to District Headquarters augmenting the credit flow, removing bottlenecks and providing early warning signals regarding diversion of funds and incipient sickness
- Ensure feedback and? approval of prototypes from the MSME Department and UNDP State Office
- Design, print and supply necessary IEC materials and follow up for ensuring timely supply to the program districts and confirm delivery
- Prepares periodic progress reports on activities, outputs and outcomes to meet internal UNDP requirements and for the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Provide inputs to various stake holders and submit the reports.
- Maintain data base, district wise coverage? and monitoring reports
Evaluation and Dissemination
- Seek necessary approval from the concerned authorities/State Office/MSME Department for Monitors and manages documentation of the implementation process and analytical learnings from the implementation to inform effective scale up
- Manages, guides and mentors the project team at Districts including problem solving and defusing conflicts, finding solutions
- Carrying out research studies and monitor field work as may be undertaken under the projects in the State
- Coordinate with UNDP State Office and MSME Department and other agencies for dissemination of study findings with State level stakeholders;
- Assist in preparing/developing project dissemination tools (reports, case studies, flyers etc.) in coordination with the Department.
Advocacy and Relationship Development
- Develop and maintain relationships to?be part of relevant forums at state level including taking responsibility for coordinating activities with similar programs in the state implemented by UNDP and/or MSME Department.
- Brings visibility and sensitizes decision makers to relevant emerging issues
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work
- Ensure state government approves key program components including supplies in the annual budgets?
- Support UNDP State Office to liaise with state and district level Government functionaries of MSME departments and others as needed
- Identifies common interests and goals and carries out join initiatives with partners
- Makes effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen partnerships
- Demonstrates an understanding of client / partner / donor perspective and strives for high quality client oriented services
- Establishes smooth relationship and enabling environment between clients and service providers
Recruitment and Induction
- Oversee hiring and supervision of the?work of consultants and other staff as including:
- Prepare Term of Reference (TOR)?of state consultants, oversee recruitment, issuing contracts and facilitation of training/orientation?for implementation of Project.
- Review expense claims of consultants and recommend payment against services laid down in the project in a timely manner
- Review and verification of?expenses incurred from Project Coordinators at the 52 District Level
- Implementation of policy changes at district level with support from MSME.
- Trip reports as applicable
- To clear any other exams as and when advised by UNDP.
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
- Discharges administrative and other responsibilities associated with the position
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
- Uses fair and transparent decision making and calculated risk taking
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and take immediate corrective measures
- Has strong knowledge of training methodology and keeps abreast with new developments in areas of professional discipline and seeks to develop herself/himself professionally
Required Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate in Business management, Rural Development, Project Management, Banking, Finance, Economics, Entrepreneurship Promotion, Capacity Building, Organizational Behavior, Public Administration, Communications, from? recognized university.
- Having cleared CAIIB Part-1 and/or Part-2 will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 7 years in development sector, preferably with 3 years in handling banking related issues.
- Experience of having worked in Banks, MFIs, NBFC would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working in Madhya Pradesh would be added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working with any state government would be added advantage.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and Hindi.;
- Should be competent in use of computers/laptops.
- Well conversant in use of internet, email, Word, Power Point, Excel is essential.