Individual Consultant - Capacity Building and Documentation Coordinator (For Indian Nationals Only)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Shimla, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Capacity Building and Documentation Coordinator will be based at HPSDMA, Revenue Department (DM), Shimla, and under the overall supervision of the Special Secretary (Rev-DM), he/she would carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in identifying training needs-both fresh and refresher at state and district levels for various functionaries;
- Coordinate and organize various training programmes in the state and district levels;
- Support in reviewing and designing training modules, manuals etc.;
- Maintain a roster of trainers and resource persons;
- Assist in maintaining a database of trainees and system for nomination officers for various state and national training programmes;
- Facilitate dissemination and exchange of expertise in the concerned field;
- Develop training section on website, to allow easy access to information, materials and guidance on disaster risk reduction;
- Assist in organizing information and preparation of reports in coordination with the field staff;
- Facilitate and strengthen the reporting system for dissemination of information to the different agencies involved in Disaster Management activities;
- Assist in classifying and compiling various knowledge products such as reports, training manuals, handbooks, audio-visual materials, IEC materials and other publications;
- Conduct field studies to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt;
- Facilitate production of documentary animation films and provide need based editorial assistance;
- Assist in the development of reports, briefs, fact sheets, training manuals and other publications;
- Perform any other tasks related to capacity building, planning and implementation.
- Essential: University Degree in any of the disciplines under Social Sciences, Management or relevant discipline;
- Desirable: Post Graduate degree/diploma in Disaster Management and/or relevant fields.
- Essential: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development sector having relevance to disaster management;
- Desirable: Work experience in government or civil society organization specifically in managing training programmes;
- Experience of working in the field of Disaster Management.
- Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.