Individual Consultant - Information Technology Specialist (For Indian Nationals Only)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Shimla, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Technology Specialist will be based at HPSDMA/Revenue Department (DM), and under the overall supervision of the Special Secretary (DM), he/she will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in assessing and evaluating the requirements for the HPSDMA portal to enable constant flow of information, ideas and best practices;
- Assist in updation and maintenance of the HPSDMA portal;
- Assist in Computer and information technology application (including hardware, software, LAN, security, training etc.), their planning and development;
- Assist the LAN/WAN of the office and ensure connectivity, backup of servers and mailboxes, antivirus update for file and e-mail protection, create and delete email accounts etc.;
- Troubleshoot system problems related to Network Printers, Photocopiers, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Operating Systems;
- Provide technical support to end-users on computer and IT applications;
- Assist in maintaining and updating disaster management content in the district website in coordination with Deputy Commissioner’s office;
- Coordinate up-datation of the India Disaster Resource Network (IDRN) on a regular basis;
- Respond to the e-mails, queries, questions and clarifications from various stakeholders;
- Collect, compile, digitize and transmit knowledge products from various sources organizations on a regular basis;
- Assist in designing layouts, graphics and other IEC material;
- Assist in operationalization of Emergency Operation Centre (EOC);
- Maintain inventory of the IT equipment and ensure timely maintenance of the IT and communication equipment;
- Liaison with external agencies like NIC for installation, hosting, deployment and maintenance of the portal;
- Carry out data entry operation;
- Perform all such functions that may be entrusted by the HPSDMA.
- Essential - B.Tech/ BCA from a recognized University;
- Desirable - Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Disaster Management.
- Essential - Minimum of three years’ work experience in IT related activities and management of web portals in any reputed agency;
- Desirable - Work experience in government or public sector organization and experience of working in the field of Disaster Management.
- Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.