About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world
Position: Full-Time Individual Contractor YUWAAH to Support Skills for Life and Livelihood to be based in Delhi
Purpose of Assignment
The Consultant (Education) will be part of national YuWaahteam based in Delhi and will be responsible for coordination and supporting the operations of the Pillar 2 Taskforce “Skills for life and livelihood” and support YuWaah initiatives under this Pillar.
She/he will have interaction and coordination with public and private sector organizations including NGOs, Government, and UNICEF state offices. The consultant will support GenU/YuWaah related planning, communication with key partners (including the Government of India, other UN agencies, private sector representatives and young people) and knowledge management.
Major Tasks to be accomplished
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Technical guidance and support
- Support co-creation and validation of solutions with stakeholders and potential solution providers.
- In cooperation with key stakeholders (YuWaah Secretariat, UNICEF ICO teams, government, private, CSO partners) and accordance with YuWaah India Theory of Change, develop strategy and implementation plans
- Prepare annual workplan and budget for thematic area “Skills for life and livelihood”
- Provide technical guidance for identifying key partnerships opportunities for “Skills for life and livelihood”
- Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic materials for YuWaah advocacy purposes
- Support YuWaah India partners in perspective-building on “Skills for life and livelihood”
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy
- Operationalization of the taskforce, including support to the finalization of membership and distribution of roles and responsibilities
Partnerships and Networking:
- Support development of programmatic and strategic relationships with existing and potential partners including the state government, private sector, NGOs/CSOs, other partners and implementing contractors., optimizing their contribution to YuWaah
- Support enhancing relationships with existing and potential contributors for catalytic funding and with non-traditional donors, including on innovative financing modalities and leverage financing
- Coordinate information exchange and synergies between flagship initiatives of career guidance, flexible learning and 21st century skills within YuWaah partners
- Actively monitor key partnerships through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant team members for timely resolution.
- Prepare regular/mandated reports for management and YuWaah partners to keep them informed of partnership progress.
- Apply/introduce innovative approaches to enhance flexible learning, career guidance and promotion of 21st century skills for young people, for the delivery of concrete and sustainable results
- Research and suggest on best international practices to be explored for possible adaption in India
- Advocacy & Communications and Knowledge Management:
- Support in drafting of public advocacy materials, human interest stories, social media material as applicable.
- Support development of lessons learned, review of successful and unsuccessful experiences and share observations/findings so that best practices benefit YuWaah’s implementation and strategy.
- An Advanced University degree in education or relevant social science
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and / or international levels in programme/project planning and implementation, with a particular emphasis on education, skilling/training and equity. Practical experience in research and gender equity is preferred.
- Developing country work and/or field experience an asset
Languages: Fluency in English & Hindi (written and verbal) is required