Indonesia Program Manager
EngageMedia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
Join our leadership team!
The Indonesia Program Manager develops projects and initiatives, and ensures their effective implementation. The person provides dynamic and energetic leadership to the Indonesia team as a whole, inspiring others and maximising their potential.
The position is full-time and based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
There is no deadline. Applications should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible with the title "Indonesia Program Manager".
- Increase the effectiveness of EngageMedia’s Indonesia team and programs through outstanding leadership
- Create and implement robust planning, monitoring and other feedback and management systems
- Increase EngageMedia’s Indonesia networks, profile, partnerships and fundraising
- Ensure a productive and well managed working environment for staff and consultants
Program Management / Team Leadership
- Oversee and develop EngageMedia's Indonesia program initiatives
- Oversee the Indonesia team, supporting a range of staff and consultants
- Develop (and assist staff to develop) project plans
- Develop and maintain curriculum and materials for trainings and events
- Assist with scheduling and planning the organisation's activities
- Take initiative to build team coordination and effectiveness
- Track and monitor project implementation
- Coordinate events and public engagement opportunities
- Coordinate workshops in a variety of video, media and technology fields
- Support and coordinate video and other media productions
- Provide facilitation for training or events
- Develop, monitor and track project budgets with the support of project leads and the finance team
Outreach and Engagement
- Develop the profile of EngageMedia’s program work, ensuring activities are promoted through a wide variety of media.
- Promote EngageMedia content to other media, ensuring it is picked up and re-distributed
Fundraising and Partnerships
- Develop a wide variety of partnerships with civil society organisations and media organisation
- Work closely with the Executive Director and relevant project leads to design and write proposals
- Write, oversee and contribute to project narrative reports and financial acquittals
- Seek out consulting opportunities and manage consulting projects
Human Resources and Operational Support
- Contribute to EngageMedia's management and planning via participation in the Senior Management Team
- Hire and contract consultants, and develop MoUs
- Support performance reviews of staff as required
- Support the recruitment of staff and consultants
- Support the induction and separation of staff
- Authorise and oversee relevant project and office spending
- A commitment to social justice and environmental issues;
- Proven team leadership
- High level of organisational, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Self-starter; able to take responsibility and initiative for managing their own work and coordinating with others
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Fluency in Indonesian and high-level proficiency in English
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Experience in working in the media and/or advocacy sectors
- High attention to detail
- Send An application letter in English expressing your interest in the position (maximum 300 words)
- Provide a current CV in English
- Include two referees
- There is no deadline to apply. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with the title "Indonesia Program Manager".
- All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
- EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
- EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.