Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works.
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 140 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions
The Enterprise Architecture and Technology (ITSET) department oversees two primary units, as presented below:
- ITSEN Enterprise Services (Cloud, Data Center Ops, Systems Management)
- ITSAP Enterprise Architecture Practice
About the Position: IT Analyst, Engineering, ITSEN (Grade E)
The Enterprise Monitoring Team is anchored in the Enterprise Services (ITSEN) division in ITS. The primary programs that the ITSEN unit is responsible for is providing a wide range of technical infrastructure services to meet the institution's computing needs, from mid-range servers, large scale servers, and the respective system, network, and supporting software on those platforms. It provides engineering, integration, and system administration services for Server Administration, Server Security, Backup/Restore, Storage, Virtual infrastructure (on premise and in cloud) and Data Center Management.
The IT Analyst Engineer is a hands-on, primarily technical position. The candidate must possess a strong technical background in one or more IT technologies, including but not limited to Windows or Linux system administration. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills as the position requires constant interaction with other teams to design and build solutions. The candidate must possess a strong sense of curiosity, adaptability, and the drive to learn and innovate.
The IT Analyst Engineer acts as the solutions architect for the Splunk platform, responsible for developing, implementing and automating solutions for internal clients. The position also requires programming ability and strong troubleshooting skills. The IT Analyst is the Splunk Subject Matter Expert.
This position will be anchored in the ITSEN Chennai, India Office.
Duties and Responsibilities -
The individual in this role will
- Architect, Build, Maintain and Administer Splunk Enterprise on Prem and in the Cloud (presently AWS)
- Plan deployment strategies (System Architecture, workflow, fail over scenarios, testing modules)
- Implement HA & DR strategy for the Splunk platform
- On-board data including custom parsing rules, custom Technology Add-On building according to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM).
- Collaborate with multiple tools, appliances, application teams with Splunk nodes for providing platform support for applications in an agile environment.
- Perform Infrastructure Monitoring & Automation to gain system insights through predictive analysis
- Assist in Data Governance & Management of data
- Work with various teams to identify and capture relevant logs, assist the infrastructure team with onboarding data, and developing use-cases around the collected data
- Communicate with all levels of staff and provide documentation.
- Interface with Project Leads and Developers to design and create new models and assist on deliveries
- Responsible in system tuning, review and performance optimization with the ability to scale existing environments to meet capacity needs.
- Advise on new system upgrades and implementations by managing configurations effectively including version control process.
- Proactively monitor and respond to and investigate all Splunk related issues.
- Perform knowledge object creation and usage across the Enterprise, Normalization of event data, and Management of knowledge objects, data models and developing macros.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science Engineering, (any) Engineering stream or Bachelors in Math or Computer Science
- Minimum 4+ years in Splunk Enterprise Administration (Splunk Architect / Admin certification will be strongly preferred)
- Minimum 3 years advanced experience in Systems Administration (*nix / Windows /AWS) and Data Analysis
- Experience designing and implementing from the ground up distributed Splunk installations including all Splunk server roles (Search Head, Indexers, Heavy Forwarders, Universal Forwarders, etc.)
- Experience with advanced configuration of Splunk including Indexer Clustering and Search Head Clustering.
- Experience developing custom Splunk content including scheduled searches, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including custom parsing rules, custom Technology Add-On building according to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM).
- Experience configuring indexes, index routing, retention policies, etc.
- Experience in Splunk search language and ability to create and optimize complex big data correlations.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Excellent understanding of the larger IT landscape.
- Experience and deep understanding of at least one IT area (e.g. OS, Networking, Application Development).
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programing language and in automation/ testing via scripting/programing (e.g. Python, shell scripts).
- Experience in Cloud technologies (AWS / Azure)
- Must be self-motivated with a strong technical background and demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly
- Excellent workload modeling skills
- Ability to build Business & operational Intelligence System
- Experience with any of the Big Data Tools apart from Splunk Enterprise Admin developer & architecture, ex: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, MaHout, MapReduce Algorithm, MATLAB, OpenStack, Open shift, etc.
- Advanced level knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and protocols, advanced technical knowledge of common network protocols (DNS, HTTP/HTTPS) and network security concepts.
- Capabilities to provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving and evaluative skills, an ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identifying issues, formulating options, and making conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency on complex projects and ability to troubleshoot critical issues under pressure.
- Ability to assess risks in line with information security objectives and risk tolerance of the institution. Proven conceptual, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Able to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audience (management, users, vendors, and technical staff).
- Team player with strong technical and user support skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Solid understanding of how multi-tier environments function, (specifically how they communicate)
- Excellent understanding of (relevant) communication protocols
- Good understanding of Operating Systems, Networks, hardware and related issues.
- Ability to report results graphically and verbally
- Strong ability to analyze results and find bottlenecks
Strong ability to create "ad-hoc" tests to exploit areas of suspect performance.