World Health Organization, Lyons, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Principal Information Assistant in the WCT Group, the incumbent provides first level technical support as required by the members of the WHO Classification of Tumours team, with key duties as follows:
- First level support to contributors of the WHO Blue Books on the use of the Online Submission System (using existing in-house developed tool ‘BBOSS’) and the WHO Blue Books online web site;
- IT support during editorial board meetings (projectors, web access, data integration);
- Data extractions required for the production of the WHO Blue Books;
- Setup the online submission system for new projects, assisting the supervisor at early stages of new IT/online projects;
- Log and follow user queries (in Freshservice) through to resolution according to terms and conditions of service level agreements;
- Qualify and track cases to the right second level team(s).
- Completed secondary education or equivalent and additional education (DUT or equivalent) in Computer Programming, Information Technology, Database Management, Web Development, Publishing, Digital Media, Communications or another related field.
- A higher university degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in one of the above or related fields.
At least three years' combined experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming, administering and/or implementing database management systems;
- Providing IT support to users (internal and external to the Organization);
- Setting up, administering and/or updating online resources;
- Producing digital content or online communications.
- Experience with content management systems for publishing;
- Experience in an international and/or scientific environment.
- Knowledge and prior use of SQL databases
- Good knowledge and competency in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and time-management skills
- Effective communication and ability to work well as part of a multicultural team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of common IT tools for publishing: e.g. QuarkXpress, InDesign, Photoshop
- Knowledge of web systems design, development, management
- Knowledge of Linux remote access tools and protocols: e.g. ssh, shell, ftp, smtp, vpn
- Knowledge and previous use of bibliographic software (EndNote)
- Knowledge of Freshservice
Use of Language Skills
- Intermediate level (or higher) of both English and French is required.