Information Comm. Technology Specialist
UNICEF, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Expected Results
Manage ICT function and provide technical and operational support
- Manage ICT and supervise Staff to enable the implementation of corporate ICT priorities, solutions and services;
- Prepare ICT related plans, budget, set priorities and performance indicators as well as year end assessment, reviews and reporting;
- Safeguard the physical and logical security and safety of ICT environment and infrastructure;
- Provide quality assurance of projects and activities in accordance with ICT functional accountabilities
- Monitor risks and threats to ICT environment or infrastructure and take appropriate action;
- Manage compliance and escalate exceptions (proactive) and deviations (reactive);
- Manage ICT-related communication materials internally, from NYHQ, GSSC or regional office;
- Support the office business continuity plans development and ensure the inclusion of ICT inputs and perspective;
- Act as UNICEF focal point for inter-agency activities;
- Liaise with regional office, GSSC and ITSS to keep abreast of new initiatives and opportunities to innovate and modernize office operations and to contribute to the collective ICT evolution.
- Validate the compliance with the host government regulatory requirements vis-à-vis the Basic Cooperation Agreement (BCA), i.e., data collection of sensitive information or personally identifiable information (PII), telecommunications licenses, use of specialized equipment, such as HF/VHF radios, high-gain antennae, satellite phones, VSATs, VOIP, drones, etc…
- Ensure that the office maintains the required level of emergency preparedness and disaster recovery capability with respect to ICT infrastructure, services and communications.
Enhance governance, collaboration, build relationships and capacity
- Participate in office management –CMT, operations and programme meetings to exercise the functional accountabilities of the ICT function;
- Represent UNICEF ICT in inter-agency functions;
- Support counterparts and implementing partners to build capacity and nurture independence;
- Engage with programme sections, counterparts and implementing partners to form :technical and business reference groups" to identify, analyze, research and promote innovative and viable solutions;
- Assist in oversight, assessment and audit of vendors, counterparts and implementing partners
- Assist in the promotion of creativity and innovative thinking to re-engineer work processes and make the best use of technology within and outside UNICEF;
- Support Supply and programme staff to establish local LTAs for ICT-related programme contracts for services and products;
- Conduct oversight of providers and third-parties of ICT-related services and products to programme;
- Study and understand the business requirements, i.e., PPP, RBM, HACT, etc… to improve the delivery of results;
- Stay abreast of ICT trends, developments and best practices through professional development –journals, training, certification, etc.
Improve the delivery of results
- Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts, i.e., government, sister United Nations agencies, international nonprofit organizations (INGOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs);
- Promote the use of collaboration tools for knowledge management, capacity building and preserving institutional memory;
- Lead the implementation of eTools and facilitate training workshops or clinics;
- Work closely to facilitate HACT implementation with partnership managers, programme and operations staff;
- Collaborate with the Risk Focal Point the risks and opportunities inclusion in the risk register and support stakeholders to address them;
- Liaise with HQs, RO and other CO to share knowledge, experience; discuss opportunities and risks for the improved delivery of results;
- Represent UNICEF ICT in One UN, Delivering as One and other UN reform initiatives.
- Collaborate with C4D and use their advocacy, outreach and dissemination tools for better utilization of technology to advance the delivery of results;
- Facilitate project management methodologies trainings and support the application by staff, counterparts and implementing partners;
- Participate in person or remotely in UNICEF global, regional or country offices events and discussions to contribute results based management/programming.
- Promote creativity and innovative thinking to re-engineer work processes and make the best use of technology within and outside UNICEF;
- Evaluate innovation initiatives potential opportunities and possible risks to improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness and share with senior management, regional office, ITSS and Innovation Division;
- Establish a local governance board for the formal review and assessment of local innovation initiatives;
- Ensure exist strategies are incorporated in all innovation initiatives prior to approval;
- Implement approved innovative projects such as eTools, RapidPro, Ureport, etc…
- Support counterparts and implementing partners to implement approved innovation initiatives;
- Facilitate TED-like events inviting local and international scholars, CEOs and technology gurus;
- Connect academia to innovation opportunities, i.e., vocational schools, colleges and universities;
- Work closely with Communication to promote to local philanthropists the benefits and rewards of innovation for their active participation, support and funding;
- Engage the private sector to maximize the use of corporate social responsibility (CSR) resources for no-cost innovation initiatives, e.g., bulk telecommunications services at low cost or free during periods of under-utilized resources.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- An advanced university degree (Master's) in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Information Technology Management, Business Administration, or a directly related field(s) is required.
- A relevant first-level university degree (Bachelor's), in combination with 2 years of additional relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree (Master's).
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, at the national and/or international levels in Information Technology Management and/or another directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- Prior experience in ICT Project Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming will be an asset.
- Previous hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
- Previous work experience in an emergency duty station is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is considered an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=496373