Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Programme Development Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the ICLA PDM position is to design and develop ICLA programme in the country and manage and implement ICLA project portfolio.
The ICLA PDM reports to the Area Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, ICLA tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for development and management of ICLA-related funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to the development of Country and Area strategies,
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical ICLA expertise, especially in the fields of information dissemination, Collaborative Dispute
- Resolution (CDR), HLP, and civil documentation
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Bangladesh and Myanmar
- Higher education, preferably in law or related field of study
- Solid understanding and experience of refugee crisis contexts
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- A good sense of humour is an asset.